Roast my CV: Has dropping out ruined my chances in finance?
I am a 28 year old sales professional looking to break into PE/Hedgefunds/Institutional Finance.
I did not complete my BSc, which I believe has been the main obstacle for my consideration. Please let me know if you have any advice or can point me in the right direction of a firm that would be more forgiving of this shortcoming than others.
Please help by leaving a comment below with your thoughts.
[You can send your own CV for roasting to email@example.com]
● Major Field of Study – Economics and Psychology
● GPA (Completed Years): 3.25/4.00
[REDACTED] Senior Funding Manager - Management, Banking, Sales March 2022-Present
● Managed a Team to Originate $15mm Funding Volume for ERC Program, Approx. $2mm Company Revenue
● 50+ Business Fundings and Counting, Despite a Period of Negative Company Growth
● Scripted Talk Paths and Developed Performance Metrics for Company Wide Usage
[REDACTED] Senior Mortgage Banker - Team Leader, Banking, Sales 2020-2022
● Top 1% Producer Ranked Nationally, by Mortgage Executive Magazine (2021 Issue, Page [REDACTED]; $35mm, 120+ Units Funded)
● Helped Coach New Bankers from Junior to Senior within 1-3 Months (Senior Qualifying Quota = $2mm/month)
● Highest Volume of New Business for Team Year-over-Year, Top Funder for [REDACTED] May 2021
[REDACTED] Project Manager and Licensed Producer - Business Development, Hiring Manager, Sales 2019-2020
● Top Producer (Avg 30k/month Volume) for Agency ([REDACTED]th Highest Grossing Agency in Region, [REDACTED] in Country)
● Built a 5-Man Team of Remote Workers, Projected to Double Production at Half the Cost of Current Production
● Consulted on Management, Marketing, Data Analysis, and Talk Paths - Resulting in Meaningful Improvement
Independent Investment Management - Portfolio Manager 2017-2019
● Options Trading - Most Profitable Strategy Yielding 25% Return/Year
● Most Successful Trading Methods: Momentum Trading, Credit Spreads, Seasonal Patterns
● Optimized Leverage and Never Exceeded Maximum Intended Loss (Total Control)
[REDACTED] - Capital Analysis Project Management Intern 2017
● Prepped and Curated Documentation for CCAR Submission per Dodd-Frank Act to US Fed Reserve
● Responsible for Overseeing and Maintaining G-SIB Industry Standards for Financial Documents
● Participated on Treasury Board, Capital Management Team, and Oversight Committee for [REDACTED]
Long-term International Travel – [REDACTED] 2015 - 2016
● Honed True Self Reliance Working Odd Jobs Globally: Club Promoter in Thailand, Television Production Assistant
in Vietnam, Hostel Worker and Elephant Health Attendant in Cambodia, and Educational Publisher in Japan
[REDACTED] - Educational Consultant 2013 - 2014
● Delivered Seminar Tour through Beijing, Shenzhen, Shanghai, and Xi’an Provinces
● 4 Personal Mentees entering [REDACTED]’s Class of 2018
Click here to create a profile on eFinancialCareers. Make yourself visible to recruiters hiring for top jobs in technology and finance.
Have a confidential story, tip, or comment you’d like to share? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Whatsapp/Signal/Telegram also available (Telegram: @SarahButcher)
Bear with us if you leave a comment at the bottom of this article: all our comments are moderated by human beings. Sometimes these humans might be asleep, or away from their desks, so it may take a while for your comment to appear. Eventually it will – unless it’s offensive or libelous (in which case it won’t.)