- Charlottesville, VA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Apr 19
The Role: Business Systems Analyst
The Grade (internal use only):10
The Location: Charlottesville or Richmond, VA, US
The Team: We are seeking a Business Systems Analyst with project management and business analysis experience to join one of our Agile Scrum teams. This particular team focuses on our proprietary content tool suite, which is used by hundreds of data analysts globally.
The Impact: We are in search of a highly motivated Business Analyst who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast growing company. Do you love leading Technical Projects as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done? Do you like working with state of the art of technology?
What's in it for you:
- You will be a contributing member of an Agile Scrum team accountable for delivering high quality software to internal users
- The chance to dig in to complicated technical details surrounding product requirements and specifications
- You will work with our global content teams and our Data Architecture team to gather, analyze, and fill in technical gaps in requirements
- Promote a team culture and environment
- End-to-end specification, development, testing, and release of assigned project deliverables for internal software application projects.
- Utilizing SQL to write custom queries, stored procedures and functions.
- Participates in the scoping of proposed improvements, and works with Content Managers, Product Managers, or other Project Managers to turn business requirements into actionable developer specifications.
- Works to mitigate risk while leading tasks, resources, and changes.
- Leads or works independently to provide for data transformation, testing, solving problems, and end-to-end user support needs.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on limited experience and discernment to plan and accomplish goals.
What We're Looking For:
- 2-5 years of experience as a business analyst or similar in a technical environment
- Ability to clearly bring together and document software requirements
- Strong Critical Thinking and analytical skills
- Communication skills (presentational, active listening, ability to build consensus, and support across functions and at all levels)
- Data analysis experience and strong understanding of structured databases
- Strong SQL skills and familiarity
- Hands-on experience with coding or technical details
- Experience working in large, global teams
- Understanding of the financial services industry is a plus
- An understanding of Agile methodologies
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
This program/position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.