Tax Manager, Alternative Funds Finance
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Alternative Funds at PIMCO total over $40B in assets under management spread amongst multiple strategies (mainly debt securities, derivative and real estate/PE focused) and multiple vehicle types (hedge fund and private equity).
The Alternatives Funds Finance Team is responsible for the overall financial accounting and control, investment and fund-level term financing, tax structuring and compliance, operational risk and partner/other agreement oversight. The Team is integrated into both the Product Management and Portfolio Management groups of PIMCO.
Alternatives Funds Finance Team is seeking to add a Tax Manager to assist in the oversight of tax matters related to the hedge funds and private equity funds and other responsibilities in the tax department.
- Assist in overseeing the estimated and final K-1 preparation and distribution process
- Assist in overseeing the preparation of all federal, state, and local tax return workpapers, estimates, and projections for partnership and corporate entities within the private equity investment structure
- Oversee tax compliance filings
- Oversee outside tax advisors and service providers
- Research tax and tax accounting positions associated with specific transactions
- Assist with the implementation of tax planning and structure following the acquisition or disposition of significant investments, including written documentation
- Assist with withholding tax reporting and capital gains tax analysis
- Assist with FATCA and CRS compliance
- Special projects
- Assist with investor requests related to taxes
- Improve existing workflows and address potential tax risks
The qualified candidate will have a BS Degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of 5-8 years of public accounting experience or comparable tax experience. CPA, Masters in Taxation a plus.
- Experience with partnership and corporation tax issues as well as other areas of international, federal and state taxation for a large fund structure
- Experience with multi-tiered partnership structures, hedge structures, real estate, state tax returns, and withholding requirements
- Extensive technical skills, including partnership tax forms (K-1 and 1065) and specific experience with hedge and private equity funds, debt and credit instruments
- Broad exposure to a wide variety of tax issues
- Bright, quick learner, motivated, articulate and driven
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office