Shareholder Services - Sr. Associate/Specialist
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The PIMCO Fund Operations team is responsible for operational oversight of PIMCO's mutual funds, hedge funds, exchange traded funds, closed end funds, and private equity funds. These responsibilities include oversight for the PIMCO Funds transfer agents, including service delivery to PIMCO shareholders.
In addition, we provide support to internal and external clients, as well as vendors who service or invest in our funds.
This position is based in our Austin, TX office. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- We are seeking a Sr. Associate or Specialist to join our team. Day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Research and resolve shareholder issues, coordinating with PIMCO teams and/or external service providers, as needed
- Drive system and process enhancements internally and at our transfer agents to mitigate risk and improve our client experience
- Oversee service delivery to fund shareholders, including call quality, processing accuracy, and delivery of shareholder communication (e.g., statements, confirmations and tax forms)
- Monitor service level agreements with service providers and develop action plans when quality results are below expectations
- Coordinate implementation of corporate actions and other fund or internal events at our transfer agents and other service providers
- Spearhead communication to internal and external clients regarding corporate actions and other fund or internal events
- Align service delivery efforts with internal and external goal-setting and incentive programs
- Understand and share best practices across service providers, trusts, and geographies
- Manage various projects related to process improvements, procedures, and systems
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- 3-7 years of relevant experience at a mutual fund advisor, transfer agent, or financial intermediary
- Experience managing intermediary and distribution relationships
- Experience with trading platforms such as Schwab, MS, etc.
- Current FINRA Series 7 or 63 or incumbent must receive within six (6) months of start date
- Risk and controls minded
- Dedication to ongoing customer service improvement
- Solid understanding of quality improvement strategies and processes
Professional Skill Requirements
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and social skills, including the ability to face off across all levels of an organization
- Quick learner and adaptable to learn new processes, concepts, and skills
- High emotional intelligence, flexible, and resilient
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding, fast paced environment and balance multiple, competing priorities and projects with high quality output
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office