Vice President, Internal Communications
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Global Corporate Communications team at BlackRock is responsible for media relations, employee communications, public affairs, issues and crisis communications and enhancing the BlackRock Brand. The team plays a central role in promoting BlackRock’s brand promise while enhancing its reputation across various corporate stakeholders. The Internal Communications team plays a critical role in connecting our people with the firm’s mission, strategy, Principles and brand. The team works across every business and function, providing counsel, shaping communications objectives, plans and resulting tactics and supports BlackRock’s leadership in creating employee engagement. The team owns, writes and provides visual and graphic content through all major internal channels.
BlackRock’s Global Corporate Communications group is seeking a Vice President to join the team with a focus on Internal Communications. This VP will be involved in a broad range of communications activities focused on engaging and enabling our global employees across a number of critical topics – specifically but not limited to our Investments, Investment Stewardship and thought leadership groups. This person will collaborate closely with communications colleagues around the world and will be based in New York.
The role is responsible for acting as a communications advisor, supporting the development and execution of fully integrated internal communications and programs, ensuring that communications align with and support the firm’s key business objectives, mission, brand and principles.
- Works with business partners to gain a clear understanding of objectives and effectively translate them to communication objectives and strategies
- Defines internal communication strategy and plans to support business requirements and deliver desired outcomes
- Effectively partners with various businesses, leaders, and geographies to develop content and manage firm-wide roll-out
- Delivers communications to employees through a range of global digital platforms and face-to-face channels
- Writes, edits and manages the production of a wide range of internal communications focused on business and investment subject matter, and also on behalf of senior business leaders
- Ensures accuracy, clarity and consistency of communications, reflecting messaging, wider firm objectives and issues/change/crisis management
- Works across non-hierarchical work groups to ensure message alignment and integration across the organization
- Coaches and supports other members of the team
- Plays a central role in best practice sharing and process development across Corporate Communications, with content partners, and across the wider global marketing team
- Finds innovative ways to leverage existing communication channels and messages
- Enhances the quality and consistency of communications
- Continuously quantifies results and measures communications effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or communications or related discipline
- 6-10 years of experience in internal / employee communications, at a financial services firm a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to write and edit quickly and accurately. Grammarian with ability to flex to different writing styles
- Manage a high-volume of communication initiatives simultaneously, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure. Prioritizes projects appropriately and manages expectations of deliverables.
- Strong eye for detail and ability to execute flawlessly
- Project management skills, including an ability to move projects forward in a complex environment. Able to integrate input from multiple stakeholders while maintaining project deadlines
- Demonstrate organizational and business savvy, with proven ability to interact and influence at all levels
- Experience building relationships and working directly with senior business partners and communications colleagues to achieve business objectives
- Take a problem solving approach with communications issues. To be able to stand back and consider the bigger picture and the employee perspective
- Be sensitive to global audience needs and writing styles
- Be extremely collaborative and comfortable as a team player and coach
- Help create a world-class modern, integrated communications function in a complex environment
- Use all types of digital channels and learn new platforms quickly
- Able to exercise discretion with sensitive topics
- Be a self-starter, excellent work ethic, positive, energetic attitude
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.