- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
VP Cyber Risk Analyst
Location: New York, NY, USAThe MIS Cyber Risk Group focuses on the impact of cyber risk on credit as the potential exposure for global governments, companies and institutions continues to rise. The group is responsible for creating and executing a cyber-risk analytics and research agenda and developing approaches for the assessment of cyber risk.
The VP Cyber Risk Analyst will have the ability to shape Moody's Investors Service (MIS) strategy, analytic, research and outreach framework for cyber risk and its relationship to credit and the financial markets. The role exists to produce timely and relevant research reports on cyber risk and help credit analysts understand and articulate the impact of cyber risk on financial performance.
The successful candidate has a background in cyber threat intelligence and ability to communicate clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Curate and analyze cross industry cyber events for credit analysts and business executives through presentations and written reports.
- Create and co-author original cross sector research focused on the intersection of cyber risk and financial exposure.
- Work with group members in developing an analytic approach to the impact of cyber risk on credit.
- Identify and analyze public and commercially available cyber risk data sets.
- Work with MIS analysts on sector-specific publications in order to convey Moody's opinion and maintain a consistent voice on cyber related credit matters.
- Assist in driving the cyber risk group research and outreach agenda by creating a pipeline of potential research topics and industry engagement opportunities
- Work with the outreach and events team to bring cyber risk content into MIS issuer events
- Bachelor's or degree in a related field with a 6-8 of years of directly related job experience, or a master's degree in a related field and 3-5 years of related job experience.
- Experience working in cyber threat intelligence or incident response role.
- Prior work publishing or researching cyber risk issues and trends is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards
- Experience with financial analysis / accounting practices are a plus
- Capable of developing independent opinions and defending own views
- Professional, pro-active, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.