Technology Research Analyst - Asset Mgmt
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
A top-tier institutional asset management firm based in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Small Cap / SMID Cap Equity Research Analyst with 3 - 7+ years of Technology Equity Research experience including Small Cap / Mid Cap companies. Buy Side and / or Sell Side experience will be considered.
Vice President, Technology Research Analyst
The Research Analyst will be responsible for researching, analyzing and generating investment ideas in U.S stocks with market capitalizations below $10 billon. The Research Analyst will focus on Technology companies while using a free cash flow methodology.
- Research, analyze, and recommend investment ideas within the Technology sector for inclusion in U.S. equity strategies. While the primary focus will be the firm’s U.S. Small and Smid Cap Equity strategies, the research analyst is also expected to contribute ideas, as appropriate, to the firm’s other US and global equity strategies.
- Generate and research investment candidates based on the analyst’s experience and expertise. The research analyst is also expected to research investment candidates as directed by the portfolio manager and/or generated by the firm’s quantitative and screening processes.
- Contribute to the firm’s broader research efforts by actively participating in investment research meetings, sharing knowledge, and collaborating with colleagues as necessary.
- Contribute to and participate in marketing and client service activities including presentations, meetings, and calls with clients, prospects, and consultants.
- The research analyst will report directly to the portfolio manager of the US Small Cap / SMID Cap strategy.
- 3 - 7 years of experience as an equity research analyst on the buy-side and/or sell-side with a strong, fundamental research background and a focus on the Technology sector.
- Demonstrated track record of success in investing in Small and SMID Cap companies utilizing free cash flow metrics rather than accounting terminology.
- A highly developed skill set in developing a view on a company as a result of detailed financial modeling as well as industry and company research.
- An ability to combine a macro / global understanding with fundamental stock-picking that has led to positive performance over market cycles.
- Self-starter with the capacity to function with minimal supervision while providing appropriate and meaningful feedback to portfolio managers.
- Team player who will contribute within and across the firm’s strategies in a collegial and collaborative investment culture.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Highly motivated to be successful and help build a firm of substance where clients are the priority.
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for the investment industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus an CFA and/or MBA or equivalent.