Market Data Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 11 Dec 18
Market Data Engineer
The Market data group is responsible for engineering and developing market data technologies deployed at the firm. The team's goal is to provide a reliable managed market data service that can be used by business groups to facilitate the dissemination of pricing data globally in the firm.
The new hire will be a senior member of the Market data engineering team and will play a key role in facilitating the integration of market data technologies within the firm. He /She will also be involved in design and deployment of market data systems and services that will be used by the different business units in the firm.
The candidate must have 6-10 years of experience in the design and implementation of large scale market data systems. The position will involve working closely with senior technologists from the engineering, operations and development communities, so excellent communication and technical skills are a must.
- Expert knowledge of industry standard Market Data platforms (NYSE Technologies, Bloomberg, Reuters TREP-RT)
- Demonstrates key experience with Low Latency and Enterprise Market data systems
- Expert knowledge of consolidated and direct exchange feeds
- Solid understanding of network and OS fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of system tuning, performance and monitoring tools across OS platforms
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating environments
- Mastery in configuration management frameworks like Ansible,
- Experience with CI/CD tooling like Jenkins
- Understanding of the software deployment processes with a focus of standardization of global configuration and performance testing
- Develop performance and diagnostic tools to assist in debugging issues with market data systems.
- Monitor infrastructure utilization and develop a capacity planning program.
- Work closely with business-aligned teams to optimize market data usage and improve system design to satisfy the requirements of ultra low latency and high frequency trading applications
- Ability to plan, prioritize, communicate and perform tasks in a team environment.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience with messaging middle ware (TIBCO Rendezvous, 29 West)
- Understanding of Market Data API's (MAMA, RFA, BBG API V3)
- Participate and contribute in design review sessions
- Work with market data vendors on new requirements and ongoing issues.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: