Managing Director, Regional Head of Onboarding (Americas)
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Regional Head of Onboarding (Americas)
The Client Onboarding team is part of BlackRock’s Global Client Services division and encompasses both the Implementation & Contracting functions responsible for bringing new client and business opportunities onto the BlackRock platform across the firm’s various business channels. The team plays an active and visible role with our clients and works closely with the Client & Investment businesses, the Legal team, critical operations teams, and external services providers to deliver a superior “One BlackRock” client experience.
The Regional Head of Onboarding reports into the Global Head of Onboarding and will lead a dynamic team of ~50 professionals that provide service in support of our Institutional, Retail, Cash and Alternatives clients and businesses. In this role, you will maintain strategic relationships with select clients, in addition to senior management and key leaders in BlackRock’s Client Businesses, Investments, Technology, and Business / Corporate Operations divisions. The role requires a strong network and ability to influence senior, cross-functional executives to resolve issues that may arise and to ensure that we deliver a successful onboarding experience. You will be responsible for evolving and optimizing the service experience for our clients, as well as identifying and driving process improvement opportunities that increase efficiency and lower risk. Consistent with the broader strategic themes across the organization, this role will help transform the way services are delivered through increased end-to-end automation and digitization.
- Dynamic executive responsible for leading a regional unit of client service professionals who “quarterback” account implementations and provide contracting services for clients and BlackRock;
- Own, drive and implement the strategy for the client onboarding experience in the region while maintaining global awareness;
- Partner with Client & Investment Businesses and key support functions to help them achieve their goals and business growth;
- Trusted advisor and senior point of contact operationally for internal and external clients;
- Drive platform and technology agenda to improve client service, scale and mitigate risk;
- Leader with vision and innovator on the Global Client Services and Onboarding Leadership team(s);
- Cultural leader who drives diversity and inclusion and a high performing, inclusive, service culture
- Risk manager who acts in the best interest of BlackRock and our clients;
- Educate others on current market standards and trends for onboarding and client service across the industry.
- Broad end-to-end knowledge of and proven experience in the asset management and/or financial services industry with exposure to a variety of operational and/or client service and relationship management functions;
- Outstanding leadership and people management experience across medium to large, multi-location teams; consistently demonstrates self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy and motivation;
- Comprehensive technical understanding across service and operational functions with a strong understanding of the end-to-end client and product development / trade life-cycles;
- Communicates effectively with clients, can represent the firm at client meetings and contribute to the operational aspects of the business development process;
- Superior relationship management skills to establish and maintain collaborative partnerships regionally;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and influencing skills, ability to engage partners, to understand change readiness, manage differences and build consensus;
- Data-informed leader who uses metrics and key performance indicators to manage risk and improve team performance;
- Proven ability to balance overall strategic vision with tactical execution
- Proven track record of execution on change programs a plus, including process re-engineering, technology deployment and stakeholder adoption.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.