Data Quality Senior Analyst- Document Sourcing Quality Assurance Team, AVP (Buffalo, NY)
The Document Sourcing Quality Assurance team member within ICG is a position responsible for validating the retrieval of data point source documentation performed by the Document Sourcing team, which is an exercise to meet regulatory response commitments throughout the year. The day-to-day responsibility will be for validating the relevance and quality of documents retrieved from business SMEs, as well as working on a team that implements iterative improvements to the validation including building a knowledge base of which documents to be sourced for different products. Responsibilities:
- Liaise with the Document Sourcing team to review requirements and ensure they meet Data Tracing regulatory commitments
- Reporting Quality Assurance metrics to Sr. Management within Data Tracing Team
- Support the build out of a knowledge database of which source documents will satisfy Data Tracing regulatory response based on validation of source documents
- Support Implementation of the Target State Operating Model including finding areas of improvement in current state process through critical evaluation or organization, processes and technology
- Provide product expertise to improve the efficiency of the current Document Sourcing process
- Implementing iterative process improvements to the Document Sourcing Quality Assurance/ Validation process
- Build an extensive knowledge base of attributes to be found in different source documentation
- Decrease lead times to validate source documentation
- Feed into the document sourcing process by highlighting which documents to be sourced for which products
- Provide input and user stories for strategic solution for document sourcing
- Reporting Document Sourcing Quality Assurance updates to Senior Management
- Devises methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available data sources.
- Defines strategies to drive data quality measurement, produce data quality dashboards and reports, and implement data quality strategies to effectively govern data and improve data quality.
- Works with data quality partners and Technology teams to identify and implement data quality tools. Identify critical data elements, data quality rules, thresholds, and other business requirements.
- Mentors lower level analysts.
- Applies in-depth understanding and knowledge of how business integrates within the sub function; as well as coordinates and contributes to the objectives of the function and overall business.
- Contributes to the development of new techniques and processes and for the aligned business.
- Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area.
- Responsible for own work to support business teams in assigned area.
- Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams, and is involved in coaching and training of new recruits in business processes and procedures of business
- Utilizes communication and diplomacy skills are required.
- Performs other job duties and functions as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years Software Experience preferred
- Experience with defining and implementing data quality programs
- Extensive SME knowledge on financial services products
- Understanding of business and technical data architecture
- Demonstrated leadership, preferably in an operations/ process-driven environment
- Proven record of process improvement implementation, with demonstrated problem-solving and business analysis skills
- Ability to partner with technology partners to translate business requirements into functional and technical design, and support deployment to users; both training/support and functional deployment
- Problem Solving - Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using mult
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Background/context:
Citi established a FR Y-14 Program in 2019 to improve the quality of the bank's CCAR reporting to the FRB. It is an important component of Citi's overall Data Quality Program to ensure the bank's information is complete, accurate and timely for external and internal users.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group (ICG) established its FR Y-14 Program within the Markets & Banking Data Governance Office at the same time to define and deliver the ICG division's commitments to the FRB as part of Citi's Data Quality Program.
The ICG FR Y-14 Program includes activities aligned to the following areas:
Citi's Foundational Data Strategy and Enhancements Data Quality Remediation Actions FR Y-14 Exceptions Remediation
Experience and skill sets within the following major areas are expected of the ICG Data Tracing Document Sourcing Quality Assurance Liaison: Financial Services, Markets Products, Citi Private Banking, Data Quality and Regulatory Background Knowledge:
Previous experience in banking; knowledge of Markets Products such as Loans, Derivatives, Securities and Deposits finance; Citi Private Bank Products & in-depth knowledge of Data Quality as well as regulatory knowledge Project Management
Managing the Document Sourcing Quality Assurance process through cycles Stakeholder Management
Professionally and effectively presenting information some levels of management Process Management and Process Improvement Implementation:
Analysing Document Sourcing Quality Assurance current process, identifying and implementing process improvements which will feed into a new Target Operating Model for the overall Document Sourcing team within the Data Governance Office. Communications Management:
Continual interaction is required with peers and senior leadership in ICG businesses Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Data Quality Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting