Corporate Strategy, Vice President
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock’s Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives for the firm. The team is also responsible for sourcing, assessing and executing acquisitions, investments, divestitures and partnerships / alliances based on BlackRock's strategic priorities.
BlackRock’s Corporate Strategy and Development Group is looking for a Vice President to join the team, based New York. This person will be responsible for partnering with and advising senior business leaders on a range of strategic initiatives across the firm.
- Contribute to the development of firm-wide growth strategies
- Work with senior management and business unit leaders to determine strategic objectives and identify opportunities to meet these goals including (but not limited to); market entry strategies, business prioritization, and assessing strategic investments
- Communicate strategic priorities and execution plans across the firm via presentations, meetings, written communications, etc.
- Opportunity to work with Corporate Strategy and Development leadership to shape the agenda and priorities for the group as well as actively contribute to talent-related projects for the group
- Unparalleled exposure to senior leadership of BlackRock at the regional and global level, including opportunity to participate in wider leadership activities
- Potential development to broader leadership role within Corporate Strategy and Development
- Strong track record of people migrating from Corporate Strategy and Development into elevated roles within a business
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree with strong record of academic achievement
- 6 – 8 years relevant work experience preferred
- Recent experience leading projects in a senior level in-house strategy role within the financial services industry or in a strategy consulting firm serving financial services clients
- Track record of identifying opportunities, building strategies, and driving change through creativity, relationship building and focused execution
- Excellent problem-solving skills, both conceptual and analytical; strong communication skills; familiarity with financial statements, valuation and financial modelling
- Experience leading and managing project teams
- Asset management industry and financial technology knowledge preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.