Chief Technology Officer, Market Intelligence
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
Chief Technology Officer, Market Intelligence
Chief Technology Officer - Market Intelligence
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com.
Location: New York, NY or Charlottesville, VA (internal applicants in other locations may be considered)
As Chief Technology Officer for the S&P Global Market Intelligence division, you will lead the Technology teams to develop essential product solutions for internal and external clients. Working directly with product management, you and your teams will be responsible for all stages of the product lifecycle - from planning to release and continuous enhancements - and the underlying application support. You will collaborate with leaders across the S&P Global Technology organization to define and implement standard practices and scalable solutions spanning the enterprise.
The S&P Global Technology team's mission is to be a Client-First service organization; providing a best-in-class delivery that allows our clients to harness technology and data for a competitive edge. As CTO, your role will directly impact the achievement of IT objectives underpinning the Global Technology mission.
Opportunity and Responsibilities:
As the CTO for Market Intelligence, you will be charged to:
- Work closely with the business segment to understand customer and market requirements and translate them into products
- Act in full partnership with the product management team in order to formulate product definition and roadmaps
- Establish a performance-driven culture across a global team of around 700 employees
- Ensure projects are resourced for success, delivered on time, and in line with budget
- Provide oversight and insight for all stages of product development, ensuring direct revenue growth and alignment with strategy
- Enhance the customer experience and usability of the existing product suite
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master's degree in Management or Information Technology and 12+ years of relevant experience or Bachelor's in Management, Information Technology or other relevant degree and 12+ years of relevant experience
- 12+ years of Technology experience; substantial experience in managing IT type P&L structures
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a leadership role
- Strong application development and client facing solution development.
- Proven record of team and functional transformation, including maximizing team productivity and coaching talent development
- Experience working and/or leading in an Agile environment
- Experience with acquisitions; both technical due diligence and integration of technologies
- Proven track record of developing client facing applications with a modern digital user experience including mobility
- Ability to lead geographically disparate organizations
- Extensive management of technology change in complex technology environments
- Must have a broad and deep knowledge across multiple enterprise technology disciplines
- Expert knowledge of business process analysis and redesign
- Execution orientation with strong track record of achieving measurable results
- Excellent project management, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to engage and influence stakeholders on complex issues
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.