Associate, Latin America Product Marketing
Description About this role
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
BlackRock is a leading asset manager across Latin America and has been committed to the region for over 20 years. Today, we have over 270 employees across 8 offices and over $150 billion in assets managed on behalf of our clients throughout the region. The Latin America team serves institutional and wealth clients, including corporate and public pension plans; insurance companies; third-party mutual funds; corporations; official institutions; banks and all other financial intermediaries throughout the region. Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management, and advisory services relevant to clients' investment needs.
The Product Marketing Associate for BlackRock's Latin American business will be responsible for starting the region's product marketing function looking to solve critical distribution challenges within the world's largest asset manager. This individual will leverage BlackRock's product and platform content to create impactful messaging and integrated marketing strategies that address the specific needs of each distribution channel and firm. Example activities include writing, editing and curating channel- and firm-specific content, project management and operational activities such as maintaining and updating content catalogs. The Product Marketing Manager will also be responsible for connecting with local managers to align on products marketed and to distribute them in their countries. This individual will also be responsible for aligning with the global and regional product functions to align on global product priorities and for providing feedback on how they are aligned to marketing priorities. Primary Responsibilities:
Content customization and curation:
- Create and edit existing content to address needs channels and clients
- Curate and localize relevant product and platform content to market themes aligned with priorities
- Develop deep understanding of clients and BlackRock products with the goal of providing input and ideas on marketing plans
Project management and operations:
- Create and manage project plans to move an idea from concept through implementation and measurement
- Track progress, identify risks and work with key stakeholders to successfully execute projects
- Inventory, monitor and update various catalogs of content and organize them so they are easy to find and use by Sales teams
Skills & Experience Required
- Work effectively with partners in Marketing, Sales, Product, Compliance and other areas
- Listen to, understand and evaluate stakeholder input and use feedback to inform content customization and projects
- Communicate effectively with partners to ensure projects move forward in alignment with stakeholder expectations
- BS/BA required.
- Degree in business administration, finance or economics preferable
- 4-6+ years marketing experience
- A passion for investing and willingness to learn more in this area
- Strength in writing and communication -- we want Marketers who make the complex simple, who can relate concepts with visuals and a minimum of words.
- Strong project management skills and proven effectiveness at strategic relationship building across internal and external stakeholder - we seek a team player with strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills.
- Pro-active, self-starter with ability to organize, prioritize and execute multiple projects across multiple stakeholders simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong working knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills required
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock .
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.