Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate
Become a leader in Alternative Investment Solutions
We are a team of dedicated accounting professionals who are passionate about delivering reporting and day-to-day accounting to support our fund clients. Join this growing team focused on building solutions to revolutionize how State Street services our customers.
State Street's Alternative Investment Solutions group provides a complete suite of services to more than 750 clients, including institutional investors, hedge fund managers, private equity fund managers and real estate fund managers. We offer deep, product-specific expertise in alternative investments and flexible, innovative solutions, including fund accounting, fund administration, corporate administration, risk and credit services.
What Part Will You Play?
In this role, you will work with State Street Private Equity teams from around the world to support best-in-class fund accounting clients. You will learn about day-to-day accounting responsibilities in a fast-paced, flexible and exciting environment.
You will be the first line of defense in surfacing any potentially risky activity, and will work reciprocally with your team members to ensure data accuracy. This opportunity is on a growing highly open team looking to build innovative client service model.
What Do We Need From You?
- Running internal workflow and client deadlines
- Leading client relationships & liaising with client personnel daily
- Maintaining good working relationship with all client contacts, including investment professionals, investors, auditors, lawyers and banking personnel
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules, accruals and partner capital allocations
- Preparing and/or preparing complex fee calculations, management fees, waterfall and capital account allocations etc.
- You have fund accounting experience, ideally 5+ years, for this role.
- You have a college degree (accounting business, mathematics, finance or economics degree preferred).
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal with the shown ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables.
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well among their peers and simultaneously prioritize multiple assignments
- Investran experience is preferred
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our CEO Statement.