Senior Data Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Operational Analytics (OA) make effective use of existing infrastructure data in different forms, at different layers, silos, tools and systems to help Credit Suisse improve Infrastructure Stability, Operational Efficiency and Service Level Customer Experience. We develop data driven solutions that help reduce risk of major incidents and avoid impact to key services by using AIOps methodologies to discover trends, patterns and anomalous behavior in noisy IT systems data. We build visual and programmatic instrumentation that communicate impactful insights for both detailed forensic and real-time streaming analytics that enable support teams to better anticipate potential problems, and focus on proactive incident avoidance. We run IT with data.
We are looking for a Senior EngOps Data Analyst with proficient knowledge of Banking System Infrastructure. Candidate will provide the key skills and experience to support the team's goals of delivering advanced IT Operational Analytics (ITOA) within the organization. The role will be responsible for managing the delivery of client development projects which include: client engagement, prioritization, requirements gathering, accurate data collection, processing, modeling, analysis, solutions delivery and support from our Raleigh office across multiple infrastructure services and technologies (IaaS, PaaS, CaaS, DBaaS, classic compute, storage, networks and applications). As a site Lead Data Analyst coordinate with converged infrastructure team and collaborate with infrastructure SME's to provide detailed analysis and recommendations for the improvement of key infrastructure services. Responsibilities:
- Deliver technical changes that can have a direct impact in fundamentally shaping how CTO IT services are efficiently delivered and consumed
- Focus on Service Reliability Engineering, data driven problem solving and root cause analysis - with a clear understanding of the differences between correlation and real root causality (Distill the real signal from the noise).
- Apply your intellect to solve problems around system performance, efficiency, complexity and information security
- Oversee and conduct the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions.
- Coordinate with our partners and executives to manage multiple engineering and support tasks, prioritize work, and remain functional under pressure..
- Exposure to technologies and many operational data analytics use-cases including Anomaly Detection, Predictive Analytics and AI.
- Coordinate with a dedicated global Analytics team, receptive to modern working practices (eg. Agile/EngOps/Site Reliability Engineering) and BigData architectures and Data Science tools (Cloudera, Splunk, HBASE, Cassandra, Kudu, NoSQL, Cloudera Workbench, H2O.ai, Tableau, ExtraHop, Impala, Kudu, R, Python, Spark, D3, AppDynamics etc.)
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other team members.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- The ideal candidate has a knack for seeing solutions in sprawling data sets and the business mind set to convert insights into strategic opportunities for our clients.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, Business Administration, or any other related field
- At least 3 years of experience providing IT solutions and some Operations experience
- Detailed knowledge of IT Infrastructure fundamentals (Compute architecture, Databases, Web and Application Communications, Storage subsystems, Networks)
- Outstanding problem solving skills demonstrating Data Analysis, ITOA, Business Intelligence and Data Visualization technologies.
- Detailed understanding of machine learning systems and Artificial Intelligence pattern recognition, Real time telemetry and time series database, Splunk, Cloudera + myriad data mining and ETL tooling, Spark and Tensor flow, Data Robot and H2O.ai
- Experience with BI and data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Grafana, PowerBI or Qlik, etc.
- Hardworking, result oriented with proficient communication skills to interact with partners and clients as a professional service provider.
- Coordinating with a multi-tasking, fast-paced Agile/Kanban/Sprint based team for continuous service support.
- Project Management, ITIL/Six Sigma qualification is a plus!
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.