Data Scientist Intern
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Data Scientist Intern
2018 Summer Intern Program
Role: Data Scientist Intern
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
Data scientists in Brighthouse Financial's Data Science organization work closely with cross-functional teams in marketing, distribution, product and other functions, leveraging Brighthouse Financial's rich datasets to develop and deliver propensity models and data-driven insights, and ultimately drive Brighthouse Financial's top line growth. A successful candidate will be passionate about finding insights in data and using quantitative analysis to answer complex questions, with a collaborative and resourceful style.
This is a 10-week paid internship June 4 through August 10, 2018 in our Charlotte, NC office. The Brighthouse Financial Intern Program offers work experience with practical application and skill development as well as professional learning/development opportunities, networking events including senior leader interaction, community service events and competitive pay. Consideration for full time, permanent opportunities may be available to qualified applicants as position availability allows upon graduation.
- Works on an analytical problem which requires understanding business needs, and building moderate to advanced level statistical and data mining models using open source statistical software
- Works independently on intermediate level data gathering, checking, manipulation and analysis tasks; works with supervision on advanced level tasks
- Participates as a team member on research, data mining, predictive modeling and/or business analytics projects
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
We are seeking candidates who are pursuing a master's degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e., mathematics, statistics, economics, finance or related disciplines) with a preferred graduation date between September 30, 2018 - August 31, 2019.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- A consistent track record of outstanding academic performance
- Internship or academic experience using open source statistical software (R/Python) to build statistical models
- Comfortable with data manipulation to gain insights and creating data sets needed for analysis or building statistical models
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed analysis plans
- Ability to prioritize requests to meet the most important and urgent business needs
Number of Openings: