Client Solutions Intern
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Client Solutions Intern
2018 Summer Intern Program
Role: Client Solutions Intern
Brighthouse Financial is a new company established by MetLife. We're on a mission to help people achieve financial security. Built on a foundation of industry knowledge and experience, we specialize in offering essential annuity and life insurance products designed to help customers protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts more predictably. In an industry that often has a reputation for complexity, confusion, and cost, Brighthouse Financial is different. Our approach includes simplicity, transparency, and more value so customers can face the future with confidence.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking passionate, high-performing team members to help us carry out our mission and be part of an exciting journey toward improving the financial futures of our millions of customers. Sound like you? Read on.
Role Value Proposition:
Interested in project management, product development process and quality assurance? This internship will present opportunities to learn skills essential to become a successful project manager. Learn about the product development to product launch end-to-end cycle, and gain the core skills and competencies of a project manager who plans, monitors, controls and launches insurance products for the organization.
This is a 10-week paid internship June 4 through August 10, 2018 in our Charlotte, NC office. The Brighthouse Financial Intern Program offers work experience with practical application and skill development as well as professional learning/development opportunities, networking events including senior leader interaction, community service events and competitive pay. Consideration for full time, permanent opportunities may be available to qualified applicants as position availability allows upon graduation.
During your internship, your responsibilities may include:
- Analyze problems, synthesize data, conduct research and plan for project execution
- Identify risks associated with meeting project milestones and plan mitigation strategies
- Monitor, evaluate and report on project status, implementation and adherence to policies and standards
- Facilitate project team meetings and deliver presentations
- Ensure projects stay on track
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
We are seeking candidates who are pursuing a bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline (i.e., mathematics, statistics, finance or related disciplines) with a graduation date between May 2019 - August 31, 2020. Preferred qualifications include:
- A consistent track record of outstanding academic performance
- Ability to translate business requirements into detailed analysis plans; ability to prioritize requests to meet the most important and urgent business needs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and teamwork in an academic, civilian or military setting
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects on defined timelines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Number of Openings: