Senior Real Estate Asset Manager
- Not Specified
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Eaton Vance Investment Managers
- 13 May 19
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that
By joining Eaton Vance, you’ll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the oversight and performance of assigned portfolio of physical real estate assets. The Real Estate Investment Group (“REIG”) oversees approximately 100 individual real estate assets with approximately $4.5 billion in value. The individual will be expected to manage all facets of assigned portfolio, including but not limited to, multifamily, office, and industrial properties, with the goal of maximizing the return on investment and value of portfolio. Responsibilities include identifying and implementing strategies, including the oversight and coordination of third parties, negotiating leases, budgeting, external and internal valuations, overseeing capital projects/renovations, inspecting properties and internal portfolio and property reporting.
Individual will report to the Director of Asset Management and will work collaboratively with other members of the REIG and Fund Administration to ensure proper administration, control and financial reporting of real estate investments.
- (25% of time) Review and analyze periodic operating reports of assigned portfolio prepared by third party managers. Reviews will include monitoring financial statements, leasing activity, rent levels, as well as capital projects to evaluate performance of assigned portfolio, property managers and other service providers.
- (20% of time) Conduct property and market tours to review property operations and physical condition as well as develop understanding of immediate submarket and overall market dynamics.
- (10% of time) Participate in the development, along with third party property managers, of operating budgets, capital budgets, and leasing strategy of assigned portfolio.
- (20% of time) Review property appraisals and prepare and document internal valuations on assigned portfolio and participate in internal and external reporting of results.
- (10% of time) Represent fund interests in discussions and negotiations with tenants, leasing brokers, third party property managers, lenders, joint venture partners and other parties.
- (5% of time) Provide support to Acquisitions and Disposition team on the underwriting, due diligence and transition planning of potential acquisitions and assist in the coordination of any dispositions.
- (5% of time) Responsible for updating and maintaining all documentation and contracts related to assigned portfolio, including, but not limited to, closing documents, leases, tenant correspondence, loan documents, operational reporting, etc.
- (5% of time) Assisting other members of the REIG and Fund Administration Group as requested, particularly on matters relating to the valuation of physical real estate assets, performance analytics and internal and external reporting related to such assets.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. MBA or other graduate education preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 of experience in real estate asset management, finance or accounting, with minimum of 3 to 5 years of direct and advanced commercial real estate industry experience.
- Up to 25% travel required.
- Strong attention to detail, with emphasis on numerical aptitude and analytical skills
- Strong computer modeling skills including robust Excel and Argus capabilities.
- Sound judgement, problem solving, and risk assessment in the application of analytical conclusions and management recommendations.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Strong customer service orientation toward both internal and external customers is required.
- Superior working knowledge of MS Office applications and RealPage products.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the “Company”).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. © Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110