- Atlanta, GA, USA Atlanta GA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Hunt Mortgage Group
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
A Mortgage Loan Processor provides quality service to all members and potential members regarding the mortgage loan process. Perform various duties assisting in processing, closing, shipping and final documentation of mortgage loans.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate and assist Mortgage Loan Officer in all aspects of gathering required documents, analyzing documents and entering of documentation into LOS systems.
- Position review front-end regulations and disclosures surrounding the application.
- Position also prepares and reviews final processing package for completeness and preforms an initial review to insure loan meets agency guidelines prior to underwriting.
- Processes all mortgage loan requests in accordance with BGTT policy & procedures and applicable state & federal laws. Processes include but are not limited to the following:
- Process required early disclosures.
- Prepares loan closing packages including ensuring all loan conditions have been satisfied.
- Review all closing packages for accuracy and completion promptly upon receipt.
- Maintains a current knowledge of products/services, rules/regulations, policy, practices and procedures as it relates to residential mortgage transactions.
- Fund and wire all first mortgage loans in a timely manner.
- Position will also be involved with other production related duties from time-to-time as may be assigned.
Minimum of two years of college or Associates degree preferred.
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of two years' college or Associates degree preferred.
- Two years' relevant mortgage experience in originating, processing, and/or closing mortgages.
- Knowledge of State and Federal laws governing all facets of real estate lending as well as cash handling experience.
- Ability to collect and analyze and interpret financial data and perform minor math calculations.
- Ability to read legal documents and translate into appropriate operational policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to follow instructions.
- Excellent telephone manners and techniques.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the financial institution in a positive way.
- Knowledge of fundamental mortgage lending concepts and practices, also loan policies, procedures and secondary market loan policies and procedures.
- Previous Customer Service experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
Requires a self-motivated, team player who pays close attention to detail and who has the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment with excellent consulting, client management and business literacy skills. Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues. Takes initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation.