Senior Software Engineer
- Saint Petersburg, FL, USA Saint Petersburg FL US
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 22 Jul 18 2018-07-22
Senior Software Engineer
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people, and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team.
What is the Wealth Management Technology group responsible for?
The Wealth Management Technology team which is part of Investment Management & Data Science - FinTech group collaborates and supports the Global Plus, CACHE and few other applications across a variety of initiatives such as.
- Product Upgrades - E.g., Version Upgrades and Regular Maintenance Upgrades
- Application Support - E.g., First level user support, Troubleshoot, Ongoing Maintenance, Audit, Compliance review, Automated Batch Jobs Processing Schedule and review
- Project Support and Development
- You will provide expertise in application development and production support activities to support business needs.
- You will design, develop, and debug software enhancements and/or new software products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet environments.
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of relevant contemporary software stacks. May interact with end users to define system requirements and/or demonstrate working software at any stage of development.
What ideal qualifications, skills & experience would help someone to be successful?
- 8+ years of experience in Wealth Management Technologies
- A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience: Computer Science Engineering (Systems) (Preferred)
- Sound knowledge of UNIX, Shell-Scripting and Perl Scripting.
- Good knowledge of Oracle, PL-SQL, SQL Loader and ETL
- Good understanding of Global Plus Application Workflow processes.
- Knowledge of VISION Report writer is a plus.
- Understanding of CACHE database and workflow processes.
- Understanding of Application Load Balancer and Web Server.
- Ability to work on Control M Job Scheduling
- Ability to work independently and with Off-Shore Support team by means of Job delegation and acceptance.
- Ability to go through vendor documentation on Application capability solutions available, architect and design solutions to integrate vendor data, application in to internal applications.
- Ability to provide technology recommendations and best practices on vendor data integration methodologies.
- Ongoing opportunities for learning and development.
- Opportunity to interact with Wealth Management business and operations teams (as they are co-located).
- Opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and products.
- Opportunity to work with a great team and business users that want to leverage technology and data for business benefits.
- Industry exposure due to ongoing work with Application team and vendors .
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
Highlights of our benefits include:
- Three weeks paid time off the first year
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with 75% company match, up to the IRS limits
- Employee Stock Investment Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Purchase of company funds with no sales charge
- Onsite fitness center and recreation center
- Onsite cafeteria
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, "I AM Franklin Templeton".
Franklin Templeton Investments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to visit us at http://www.franklintempletoncareers.com/ to learn more about our company and our career opportunities.