Performance Measurement & Attribution Analyst - DEL
- Not Specified
- Wilmington, DE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business / Division:
GAAPS – Performance Measurement & Attribution – P&S
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Business Unit Overview:
As part of the Global Accounting and Product Services group, the Performance Measurement & Attribution team’s objectives include acting as official gate keepers of performance provision and dissemination for BlackRock, delivering customized performance and attribution analysis for investment information and governance, and owning the firm’s global GIPS compliance requirement. Our core competencies include BlackRock performance and attribution platform and infrastructure expertise, broad asset class PnL knowledge, regional markets product knowledge, strong stakeholder engagement focus, and project management execution. Our team’s global client base is diverse in both function and location, including global Risk & Quantitative teams, Institutional Business, Product Strategy, Portfolio Management, Finance, and Client Reporting – for all of whom the demands for accurate, timely, and informative performance data are essential. The products covered by our team are equally as wide-ranging, spanning the spectrum of retail (i.e. mutual funds, ETFs, CTFs, etc.), segregated mandates, and investment asset classes including Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Equity and Alternatives.
This is an opportunity to join the Performance Measurement & Attribution (PMA) team within Delaware as a project and support analyst. Within PMA, our main focus includes investigating and resolving complex questions related to performance and attribution, providing PnL analysis where necessary to explain the key drivers of returns, assuring the coverage and quality of performance data, and developing customized reporting solutions. On a daily basis, this role will involve coordination, communication, and workflow management amongst our internal team, other business units, and core technology teams. Additionally this role will also support the monthly and quarterly performance review process which entails making sure returns are accurate, complete, and appropriately represent the investment teams’ strategies.
This role will report into the functional lead of PMA in Delaware, the ideal candidate should have strong problem solving abilities, technical savvy, analytical and communication skills, and interest in continually expanding their investment knowledge.
- Acting in an escalation capacity for investigating complex performance and attribution inquiries and debugging reporting technology when needed.
- Be a source of performance and systems knowledge for our key stakeholders
- Implement new deliverables that support total return and attribution data requirements, typically involving the application of technical solutions.
- Investigate internal and external client inquires related to content and functionality within Blackrock’s Performance reporting applications.
- Gain full understanding of internal systems (Aladdin) and how to leverage them to support our growing business needs.
- Display professionalism and confidence when dealing with internal clients and have the ability to explain results
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-4 years of asset management industry experience with focus on portfolio accounting and/or performance measurement
- Strong analytical and quantitative reasoning skills
- Good understanding of rate of return calculations
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of principles of Quality Control and data oversight needs.
- Strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills
- Able to work effectively with others in a team environment with diverse approaches and thinking styles.
- Comfortable in navigating new technologies and working in a changing environment.
- Strong technical skills and background in programming a strong plus.
- Understanding of UNIX, SQL, and relational databases highly preferred.
- Troubleshooting, Debugging, and other technical problem solving skills.
- Desire to obtain the CFA and/or CIPM designation a plus.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.