Cobrand Business Manager
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. For the past 200 years at Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today's modern financial infrastructure-this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world's most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients. Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all. Citi's North America Consumer Bank has a unique opportunity to leverage its consumer relationships and footprint, state of the art technology and leading consumer banking position to deliver customer value in a targeted and impactful way.
The Branded Cards business serves 29MM customer relationships across the US, processing approximately 4.8 billion purchase transactions annually, $362 billion in sales volume, and generates over $90 billion in customer loans. We offer a combination of class leading proprietary value propositions such as the Citi Simplicity, Citi Double Cash, and Citi Rewards products as well as co-branded credit cards with iconic industry leaders such as Costco, American Airlines, AT&T, and Expedia. These value propositions are supported by our proprietary Thank You rewards program, a broad range of digital lending programs such as Flex Loan and Flex Pay, and industry leading digital experiences delivered through Citi Online and the Citi Mobile app.
The Cobrand Product organization is a large and critically important component of Branded Cards, delivering a majority of its sales and member engagement. The challenge ahead is to increase our portfolio returns, while maintaining our growth. To support this effort, we are replacing a Business Manager
role reporting directly into the Head of Cobrand Product Management and Business Development.
The Business Manager
will be responsible for developing our overarching business strategy and ensuring the effective implementation of key initiatives. This also includes using communication and relationship-building skills in sharing important information, creating forums and routines to drive business performance and comprehensively connecting all the functional disciplines in the organization to efficiently deliver on our commitments to our customers, shareholders and employees. Key Responsibilities
- Support the definition of an overarching business strategy for the Cobrand Product portfolio, including analyzing data, reviewing the competition, understanding critical trends and working with experienced colleagues across the business to form an explicit roadmap of activities that ladder up to our vision and set of priorities.
- Ensure effective execution of the strategy, leveraging formal meetings, routines, metrics and goals to deliver on our business commitments. In addition, track management meetings, summarize deliverables and follow through to delivery.
- Drive employee engagement, ensuring a solid understanding of team strengths and opportunities and the development of a robust plan to make this the Best Team on the Planet.
- Create and deliver impactful communications to a wide variety of audiences and levels within the organization.
- Ensure the team operates at peak efficiency. This includes the sharing of information, running team meetings, and aligning business priorities to strategy and resources.
- Drive a holistic view and management of the business across card portfolios (e.g., budget, financials, and resources).
- Partner with Finance to closely manage the delivery of financial plan and forecasts, reporting and ongoing finance initiatives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Branded Cards Leadership as well as key partners.
- Coach and train new recruits and mentor other team members.
- Ensure we are adequately managing controls and resolving issues quickly.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 10+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and drive results in an organized, structured fashion.
- Strong ability to communicate, both written and verbally.
- Strong sense of employee culture/sentiment, high EQ and desire to connect with others.
- Strong backbone. Ability to say no and fight for what is right.
- Ability to analyze data and use information to develop strategy, garner commitment and make decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems quickly and effectively, tailoring approach to the situation and audience.
- Ability to collaborate with diverse teams and influence results in the moment and also over time.
- Eagerness to understand the inner workings of the card industry, economics and consumer trends.
- Love for the customer.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Product Management and Development Job Family:
Product Performance Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting