Analyst - Portfolio Operations
- Not Specified
- Greenwich, CT, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Infrastructure is a fast growing business unit within BlackRock’s Alternatives Business offering primarily institutional clients access to equity and debt infrastructure investments. BlackRock’s Alternatives Strategies Group is focused on sourcing and managing high alpha investments that are not correlated with traditional investment products. BlackRock Infrastructure was founded in 2011 and now has over $23+ billion in investor commitments. The group has over 150 global investment professionals with a broad experience base in developing, operating and financially structuring investments and has offices in New York, London, Stockholm, Dublin, Paris, Zurich, Bogota and Mexico City.
An opportunity arises to join the Portfolio Operations team within BlackRock Real Assets, a team of 31 which primarily provides financial, operational and administrative support for the Real Estate, Renewable Power, Infrastructure Debt Infrastructure Solutions and Global Energy & Power businesses within BlackRock. This position will provide operational and administrative support to the Global Energy and Power team. The role will report to the VP, Portfolio Operations and is Greenwich, Connecticut based.
- Monitoring and collation of investment related documentation and compliance reporting
- Trade and transaction booking.
- Counterparty and bank KYC request processing, maintenance of legal entity information
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and funding flows for our entities
- Assisting in the preparation of Fund Performance information for Investor relations
- Preparation of Portfolio Company Investment Summaries on a quarterly basis
- Liaise with internal fund accounting team and external administrators to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Liaison with external auditors
Knowledge / Experience:
- CPA, CFA or other advanced financial certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance / Accounting
- Experience in preparing and analysing Financial Data
- Accounting skills, knowledge of US GAAP or IFRS
- Excellent Excel and financial analytical skills, will require some software database management
- Experience in liaising with external service providers
- Experience in Private equity or investment banking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage workload autonomously and effectively.
- Inquisitive, detail-oriented, self-motivated.
- Grow with an evolving team and work in a friendly, entrepreneurial environment
- Work alongside and experienced senior team with strong values, providing excellent learning and development opportunities
- Broad and varied exposure to all aspects of the team’s activities, encompassing investment selection, deal execution, asset integration, operational monitoring and reporting, valuation and investor reporting
- Strong brand in the Infrastructure and fund management industry
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.