Senior Director of Quality Assurance
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 17 Apr 19
Senior Director of Quality Assurance
As S&P Global Ratings Senior Director of Quality Assurance, you will lead our global team of Technology Engineers and utilize your industry-proven experience and planning practices to assess business needs, organizational capabilities, IT investments and insights to design and execute actionable Quality Assurance strategies and tactical plans that achieve quality results and increase business value with a clear focus on metrics and defect reduction. You will lead an outstanding team of quality assurance engineers providing them with career and skills growth opportunities and interface with senior executives by providing them with clear communication and leadership surrounding the quality and agility of our processes and deliverables.
Centennial, CO or New York NY
- Lead and manage the global quality assurance team, lead and oversee related functions including budgets, IT strategy and resourcing.
- Provide tactical planning, Agile execution and direction on reports, communications, and training materials and ensure recommendations are aligned with customer/organization needs and capabilities.
- Direct & lead the engineering organization through the creation and maintenance of the overall quality assurance roadmap and QA strategy for both internal and new product systems, guaranteeing quality for all stakeholders using our Agile methodology.
- Define, document and adhere to Agile processes and operational policies by building upon and improving what is already in-place. Work in partnership with the Ratings Technology & Business Management teams to build and enhance the existing testing capabilities.
- Through the adoption of new methodologies, test automation, RPA and other advanced testing methods you will provide leadership in certifying applications for our DevOps/CI/CD strategy leading to true cloud native operations.
- Design and deliver world class quality assurance operations that are a showcase of process documentation, communication and defect reduction.
- Function as a trusted leadership team member who collaborates with both business and technical stakeholders, sets direction, builds consensus, mediates conflicts, and helps to create an environment which solicits contributions from all participants.
- MS or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or software engineering preferred.
- 10+ years of Technology experience within the financial services industry or a regulated industry; 7+ years of establishing and leading an engineering team
- Strong experience with test driven development, testing frameworks (including data testing, service testing, performance testing, load testing etc), test automation and RPA.
- Strong experience implementing automated testing in cloud environments in a DevOps/CI/CD based environment where automation is the basis for defect free releases.
- Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software testing and able to define, document and put key Agile principles into practice to test solutions incrementally including continuous testing.
- Experience communicating via email and verbally with key business stakeholders throughout the project to ensure a timely implementation and defect free roll-out.
- Experience in monitoring industry trends and directions; developing and presenting substantive technology recommendations to senior management.
- Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both technology and business partners.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- An understanding of project management principles and Agile methodology.
- Hands-on experience certifying, deploying mission critical applications.
- Able to work as a cooperative member of a high performing Agile/Scrum team.
- Prior working experience in a regulated environment.
- Ability to lead development of strategic plans and operating plans, to grow, enhance quality assurance procedures, processes and transform a business.