Lead Software Developer
- Centennial, CO, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 18 Apr 19
Lead Software Developer
The Role: Lead Senior Software Developer
The Location: Charlottesville/Richmond, Virginia
The Team: S&P Global Market Intelligence is at the heart of financial workflows when it comes to providing and analyzing data. MI Office is a suite of data discovery, workflow automation, and productivity tools targeted at helping financial professionals craft and present financial model more effectively saving them from thousands of hours of tedious, repetitive, error prone tasks.
The Impact: As a member of the MI Office Team at S&P Global Market Intelligence, you will work with a group of intelligent and visionary engineers recruited from top universities and industries to build impactful productivity tools for investment professionals.. Our Software Engineers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. You will be expected to participate in the design, review process, write high-quality code, and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, Business Analysts, and Database Developers.
What's in it for you: Does working with a team that collaborates on industry best data solutions excited you? Do you enjoy jumping into projects and searching for issues to solve? Is Software Engineering a passion of yours? Working on the SPGMI team you have the chance to:
- Build a career with a global company
- Work on applications that fuel the global financial markets of the future
- Grow and improve your skills by working alongside highly-motivated individuals on enterprise level product and state of the art technologies
- Be at the forefront of innovation in FinTech industry
- Work on high-impact application that large number of customers count on for getting their job done on daily basis
- Competitive employee benefits
- Open and dynamic work culture
- Design and develop solutions to support key business needs.
- Build high-quality, high-performance, scalable software.
- Engineer components, and common services based on standard corporate development models, languages and tools.
- Produce system design documents.
- Collaborate effectively with technical partners.
- Be able to document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments.
- Microsoft Office Solutions Development (MOSD)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-oriented development.
- Knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Understanding of product versioning, packaging and deployment
- Experience with Knockout a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Solutions Development is a plus (VSTO)
- Experience with Durandal SPA framework a plus.
About Company Statement:
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.