US Business Development Associate, Private Bank and Trust
- Not Specified
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Matthews Asia
- 24 Mar 19
We are seeking a proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial individual who is passionate about institutional sales to join the US Business Development team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a proactive, energetic and entrepreneurial individual who is passionate about institutional sales to join the US Business Development team.
You will be an architect in the growth of the position and the team and be directly involved in the successful impact on the firm.
In this position, you will partner with the VP of Business Development in the Private Bank & Trust channel to retain and grow some of the firms’ largest clients and establish new business relationships with Private Banks and Trust nationally. You will manage and support the reporting needs of existing clients including coordinating monthly and quarterly investment reports with our marketing and investment teams. Additional work includes drafting and disseminating quarterly research mailers and creating or updating firm and channel-specific marketing materials. We are a collaborative team. Your efforts supporting the Bank channel’s net sales goals by deepening our penetration at existing client firms, as well as identifying and establishing relationships with new firms and converting them to clients will lend to the success of the team and the firm. We all participate in representing the firm at conferences, roadshows and client events around the country. There is significant upward mobility with this role and once proven, you will manage defined territories and client relationships and have your personal net sales goals. We value the firm’s core values greatly and you must possess a high level of integrity, initiative, and client focus. You understand the importance of a positive culture and enjoy working with a diverse team.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree; CFA is a plus
- Series 7 and 63 Licenses
- Minimum 3 years of internal sales at investment management firms
- Superior organizational, written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Deep understanding of investment strategies and macroeconomics
- Have a solid understanding of Matthews Asia funds
- Well-versed in Salesforce
The Ideal Candidate should:
- Be a top performer at their existing firm, preferably in an internal sales role at an investment firm
- Proactively and efficiently manage existing client reporting deliverables by coordinating with marketing and investment teams
- Consistently identify and initiate dialogues with large advisor teams at existing client firms to retain and grow assets
- Consistently identify and initiate dialogues with new private banks and trust firms, arrange 5-10 introductory and follow up calls and meetings per week, plan and executive 2-3 productive marketing trips and roadshows per quarter
- Possess an excellent ability to understand investors’ asset allocations and present investment solutions with confidence
- Ability to effectively manage sales cycle and workflow, and diligently keep records via Salesforce
- Build the firm’s brand by representing at 5-8 industry conferences per annum (weekend travels might be required), deepening relationships and organizing quarterly calls with peer group
- Be a true team player – support the US team’s overall sales efforts, cover for colleagues
- Take initiatives in improving productivity and results
- Open to constructive feedback and be willing to implement suggestions
- An understanding of Asian cultures and economic trends, and intellectual curiosity about the region
THE COMPANY: Matthews International Capital Management, LLC (“Matthews Asia”) Matthews Asia focuses on Asia investment solutions that build wealth for our global clients over the long term.
Matthews Asia is an independent, privately owned investment manager headquartered in San Francisco with subsidiary offices in London, Singapore and Hong Kong. Founded in 1991, Matthews Asia specializes in investing in Asia’s equity and fixed income markets for institutions, intermediaries and retail investors worldwide. For over 25 years our bottom-up, active investment approach has focused on identifying the most attractive long-term growth opportunities in Asia’s diverse markets. Our portfolios typically feature low turnover rates and high active share, with holdings that differ significantly from their benchmarks. Our long-term perspective and culture of independent thinking facilitate our delivery of a consistent and distinctive value proposition to our clients and partners.
Additional information on Matthews International Capital Management, LLC and Matthews Asia can be found at www.matthewsasia.com.
Matthews International Capital Management, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), age, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, political activity or affiliation, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under applicable law, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, taking or requesting statutorily protected leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or ordinances.