2021 Americas IBCM Summer Analyst - Los Angeles (Financial Sponsors / Leverage Finance / Gaming)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer Description
Credit Suisse's Los Angeles office offers an unparalleled Wall Street experience on the West Coast. Junior bankers receive significant execution experience across a broad range of investment banking products and industries. As a member of the LA office, you will work on small deal teams with significant individual responsibility. Coverage efforts based in Los Angeles include Sponsors and Gaming & Lodging. The office has traditionally been known for its strength in Leveraged Finance and is involved in some of the highest-profile, headline-grabbing LBO financings.
The Summer Analyst Program is a 9-week program for rising college seniors that provides outstanding exposure to business and the financial services industry. Whether you're working alongside a Full-Time Analyst or staffed as the only Analyst on a deal team, our summer program gives you the tools you'll need to jump start your career in finance and investment banking. Responsibilities may include analyzing companies using financial modeling and valuation techniques, examining the impact of a transaction on a client's capital structure and analyzing the consequences of a merger or acquisition.
As a summer program participant, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on deal experience and work on all aspects of advising and transacting business for our clients. Summer Analysts are formally reviewed at the mid and end points of the summer, and full-time offers are made after the program to individuals identified as exceptional performers. Program Highlights
• A one-day company orientation followed by a week of training
• Ongoing training on your desk throughout the summer
• A summer "lunch and learn", where you'll hear from senior line representatives across the divisions
• Mid-summer and final project, which consists of presenting a leveraged buyout to an "investment committee" of junior and senior bankers within the office
• Mentorship from an assigned mentor within Investment Banking, who will help you discover your strengths and plan your career
• Social and networking events that will connect you with individuals across the firm, ensuring that you are exposed to all the areas and understand the big picture of a global investment bank. The summer is structured to have a balance of work, social events and networking opportunities. You Offer Qualifications
Applicants to this role should be between their junior and senior years at a four-year college or university (graduating in December 2021 or May/June 2022). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, but seeks individuals with a common set of abilities -those who are highly motivated, creative, have demonstrated academic achievement, and have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. We’ll evaluate your potential, your ability, your academic background and your extra-curricular activities. Our goal is to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business. We're looking for
• A leader who engenders loyalty, shows dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
• A critical thinker with excellent analytical skills
• An enthusiastic self-starter who achieves significant results
• An supportive and adaptable team member who can build strong relationships
• An articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
• Principled and committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Please apply via our career portal.
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.