Head of IT Care
- Competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- York, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 19
Aviva’s IT Care manages a complex set of IT services for over 30,000 internal and external customers both in the UK and within the global Aviva business units. These include UKGI, UK Life and AGC/Functions as well as the Global business units that are supported
Aviva’s IT Care manages a complex set of IT services for over 30,000 internal and external customers both in the UK and within the global Aviva business units. These include UKGI, UK Life and AGC/Functions as well as the Global business units that are supported out of the IT Care customer centric model.
- This dynamic, challenging role is to ensure day to day delivery of key IT (end-user) services, management of all incidents, problems, service requests, and the provision of 24x7 IT Service Desk and Incident Management across multiple business units - through dedicated skill sets delivering the services to agreed SLA’s.
- With our IT Service Management Operations management team, you’ll have the opportunity to contribute to the development IT support strategy whilst continuing to improve service and reduce cost – directly influencing the transformation and betterment of Aviva enterprise-wide.
- Through systems thinking and re-designing support, a key focus is on improving the end user experience and driving as much support to IT Self Service/Automation as possible.
- Additionally, in this position you’ll ensure high quality End-User Support, IT Access provisioning, our IT Care Service bars, IT Ordering, Desk-side support & executive/event support management for multiple Aviva business units.
What skills & experiences are required?
- Experience of running enterprise scale IT End-User support functions
- Consistent track record of using Systems Thinking to deliver significant improvements/transformation is critical experience
- Commercial experience delivering strategy solutions on building up IT support teams
- Relevant ITIL and management qualifications
- Proven large scale leadership capabilities with large teams either in multiple locations or offshore
- Excellent relationship management skills and strong, persuasive communicator
- Strong man-management skills
- Excellent knowledge of leading teams delivering services to customers
- Deep understanding of Service Management (ITIL)
- Comprehensive Risk and Governance knowledge
- Good appreciation technology landscape in/around Aviva
- Proven track record at a senior level of leading technology issues
- Successful management of major technology support teams
- Delivering extraordinary customer service
- Familiarity of coaching, mentorship and developing IT support teams
- International experience running enterprise level end-use IT support teams would be great to see
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Additional Information and Equal Opportunity
One of Aviva’s core values is Care More, and this is brought to life through the flexible ways we love to work. This may include working from home some of the time, or flexible work schedules to accommodate parent and carer responsibilities, further studies and hobbies.
Our diversity and inclusion policies and initiatives are crafting an environment where everyone feels welcome regardless of age, disability, race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, maternity or those with other caring responsibilities. Our approach helps to ensure that Aviva is a place which values difference and provides equal opportunities for all.
As a disability confident employer, we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability (as defined in The Equality Act 2010) whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. (By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean that you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required, as well as meeting any of the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential). Please apply through the website and then email the contact listed in the advert to notify us that you meet the conditions for the guaranteed interview scheme.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Daniel Hopchet in the Resourcing team on 0121 234 7625 or Daniel.Hopchet@Aviva.com.