Test Automation Manager
- Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 17 Apr 19
Test Automation Manager
Test Automation Manager , Technology
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you're looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
At HSBC, We are transforming technology in financial services, using the latest digital tools and methodologies to make our customers' banking experience simpler, better, faster and more secure.
To achieve this we have many exciting challenges ahead and are looking for people with a real passion for what they would like to do. Working with some of the best technology talent we are searching for technologists and enablers that will help support us on this journey.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Test Automation Manager
You will be the Test Automation Manager for Financial Crime Threat Mitigation IT. You will Lead Test Automation for Financial Crime Threat Mitigation IT. Define DevOps test automation strategy, embed test automation in the development cycle for all FCTM applications.
In this role, you will be:
- Defining DevOps test automation strategy for the Financial Crime Threat Mitigation IT function, helping to ensure changes to a range of IT applications are fit for purpose and can be delivered at pace
- Shaping and managing automation testing to ensure that FCTM IT has the right automation tools, standards, environments and data to enable efficient and effective automated functional and non-functional testing
- Embedding test automation in the development cycle of all FCTM applications in order to reduce bug fix costs (shift left), improve time to market, application stability and deployment frequency
- Working with multiple teams to set direction for their individual testing functions, determining testing scope, process and procedures that ensure the most effective tools and techniques are employed
- Providing consultancy and recommendations on test tool / method selection
- Recommending and supporting testing improvement initiatives across diverse virtual global teams
- Leading the teams on test automation usage and adoption of best practices, keeping up to date with latest test automation advances in the industry
- Quantifying and translating progress, issues and risks into meaningful metrics and management information
- Developing and maintaining high quality communication and relationships, both internally and externally
- Ensuring that testing adheres to global and local standards
- Overcoming technical application limitations in delivery of automation
- Implementing automation testing improvements while ensuring teams continue to deliver business value
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Proven experience leading implementation of test automation frameworks and test automation improvements to the software delivery processes
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of Automation Testing and Behaviour-Driven Development in a DevOps environment
- Strong knowledge of test automation tooling and supporting tools e.g. Selenium, Serenity BDD, Cucumber, Jenkins, GitHub
- Strong knowledge of web services testing and tools, such as Postman, JMeter, SoapUI
- Experience supporting DevOps CI/CD pipelines, working with Agile frameworks e.g. Scrum/Kanban
- Experience of changing people's mind-sets to an 'Automation mind-set' / think Automation first
- Proven track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanisms necessary to successfully implement change
- Able to achieve targets and meet expectations whilst supporting and encouraging others to do the same
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with experience of adapting style and approach to the audience and message to be delivered
- Ability to establish and work with multiple onshore and offshore engagements
- Demonstrates teamwork and collaboration with varied technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to quantify and translate progress, issues and risks into meaningful metrics and management information
The base location for this role is Sheffield
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.