Sopra Banking Software is a banking and specialist finance software vendor, and a major global digital player. We have been supporting banks and financial institutions for almost 50 years. With in-depth knowledge of the banking industry, banking customers, and innovative technologies. The triple focus allows us to build powerful and agile software solutions and to implement them through value -added use cases.
We are committed to employing a diverse and inclusive workforce where all our people can be themselves and success on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a consumer credit check and DBS check If you have any concerns about this please raise them with the recruitment team. Function
A Technical Consultant is required by an international enterprise software business. The successful candidate will be designing and delivering technical solutions for client delivery projects.
The role will be based in our offices in South Yorkshire, Bedfordshire or Edinburgh with some travel to client locations around the UK predominantly to Edinburgh. Key Responsibilities
Profile Candidate Profile
- Researching and designing software deployment architectures for the cloud
- Selecting appropriate cloud services to design and deploy an application
- Migrating complex, multi-tier applications onto cloud
- Creating clear and efficient software deployment processes through automation and documentation
- System installation activities covering Linux, UNIX, Microsoft Windows Server, Oracle Database, SQL Server and JEE Application Servers
- Occasionally it may be necessary to work outside of office hours on system upgrade projects.
- One or more years of hands-on experience operating cloud based applications
- Experience provisioning, operating, and maintaining systems running in the cloud
- Ability to identify requirements to define a solution to be built and operated in the cloud
- Capability to provide cloud operations and deployment guidance and best practices throughout the lifecycle of a project
- Knowledge of DevOps, agile development, and cloud operations support processes
- Stakeholder management skills along with the ability to interface with clients
- Keen to take ownership and resolve issues with a meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Experienced in several of the following technical skillsets:
- Cloud Platforms, specifically; AWS, Azure, Oracle
- Deep technical background (operating systems, networking, application performance management, load balancing, security systems, etc.)
- Experience with networks (routing, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, etc.)
- DevOps orchestration/IAC toolsets (e.g. Ansible, TerraForm)
- UNIX, Linux and Windows Systems Administration
- Databases (relational and NoSQL)
In addition to technical aptitude, the role requires enthusiasm, a desire to constantly improve the customer experience and the ability to strongly integrate into both development and client technical teams. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity within a progressive business. It is a chance to build complex integration solutions and forge a career within a growing software business. Offer
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme, an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, health cash plan, flexible working where possible, plus many more excellent benefits.