Well trained, multi sector credit analyst - Fund Management
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Independent Search & Selection
- 12 Mar 19
New team at an asset manager with an historic, impressive joint track record require a well trained credit analyst/ strong fixed income investment analyst. This is an opportunity to work alongside a PM and to provide immediate analytical input and to contribute to the provision of investment ideas for the bond portfolio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysis of investment grade and high yield/cross-over corporate bonds including detailed cash flow modelling as required for leveraged credits.
- Provision of new bond ideas to the Fixed Income Fund Manager
- Ad hoc project work relating to the broader investment team.
The succesful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Excellent education. First Degree essential
- Strong mathematical skills including DCF modelling with thorough understanding of bond analytics
- Excellent Excel spreadsheet skills
- Experience of analysing credits ideally over a wide range of industrial sectors and geographies. (4 -7 years ideal)
- Ability to translate analysis into credible investment ideas
- Understanding of capital structure and covenants
This is an excellent opportunity to take on early responsibility in a close knit team. It requires someone who is detail orientated but also able to be to take initiative as required and who would enjoy the demands and rewards of a developing business. You could currently be a credit research analyst on the buy-side frustrated by the limits of your role/distance from the investment process or on the sell side as a desk or corporate credit analyst keen to make a move to the buy-side.
Discretionary reward will be alligned to the success of the business.