Legal & General Capital was created in 2013 to invest the Group’s capital into key sectors of the economy which need investment and innovation. We focus on three strategies; Future Cities, Housing and Principal Investing. Principal Investing is the strategic investment team in LGC focussed on building and managing a portfolio of leading Venture Capital funds. We have invested with 13 VC managers who have now invested in over 350 start-ups across Europe.
What you'll be doing
- Supporting the Head of Venture Capital Investing in defining/maintaining the Strategic Asset Allocation policy for Venture Investing.
- Helping develop the 5-year strategic plan and 3-year deployment plan to include investment planning, target returns, liquidity planning and return profiling.
- Representing, where applicable LGC’s interests on supervisory Boards or advisory committees.
- Overseeing the production of quarterly reports on competitors and potential partners
- Supporting thesis development on new investment areas adjacent to the core European VC strategy
- Supporting marketing and distribution efforts related to raising 3rd party capital
- Working with the Head of VC; developing, reviewing, and maintaining risk registers, risk maps, risk controls and policies to ensure that Venture Capital Investing, reporting and valuations are undertaken correctly.
What we're looking for
- You’ll have a keen interest/passion for Venture Capital – you will be expected to immerse yourself in the European VC ecosystem from day one.
- Intellectually curious, capable of thinking critically and developing conclusions from independent research.
- You’ll be a confident communicator (written & verbal) with strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- You’ll have around 3-6 years’ experience working with asset allocation, fund selection and ideally Venture Capital.
- Willing to undertake further study to support your career, where your training and qualifications will be offered.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and Power point is essential. Experience with additional data tools a plus.
- Highly analytical and comfortable with investment concepts. A passion for data analytics is not essential but would be beneficial for the role.
- Well-organised and able to prioritise effectively.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 27 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, a variety of share schemes, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products. Your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.