VP, Credit & EM Repo Sales
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 18
Nomura's Credit & Emerging Markets (EM) Repo Sales team is an established business, active across a variety of collateral classes and in a wide range of countries. To capitalise on its strong momentum in EMEA, the team is looking to hire a Vice President who can support the strong growth across its client franchise.
Job title: Credit & EM Repo Sales
Corporate Title: Vice President
Department: Global Markets
Nomura is an Asia-based financial services group with an integrated global network spanning over 30 countries. By connecting markets East & West, Nomura services the needs of individuals, institutions, corporates and governments through its three business divisions: Retail, Asset Management, and Wholesale (Global Markets and Investment Banking). Founded in 1925, the firm is built on a tradition of disciplined entrepreneurship, serving clients with creative solutions and considered thought leadership. For further information about Nomura, visit www.nomura.com
Nomura's Global Markets Division handles client transactions for financial institutions, corporates, governments and investment funds around the world. We act as market makers, trading in fixed income and equity securities, including currencies, interest rates and credit in cash, derivatives and structured products. We have taken market-leading positions across the globe by leveraging the strength of our talent, client relationships and technology.
By developing strong relationships with our client base through consistent interaction, independent advice and pre-eminent access to Asia, we have built a powerful global franchise across credit, interest rates and currency products. Our client services cover both high-volume flow products and carefully tailored structured solutions. We have adapted to the changing financial landscape to build a client centric focus differentiated by innovation, electronic and service excellence and market-leading derivatives capabilities.
The Credit & Emerging Markets (EM) Repo Sales team is an established business, active across a variety of collateral classes and in a wide range of countries. To capitalise on its strong momentum in EMEA, the team is looking to hire a Vice President who can support the strong growth across its client franchise.
- Taking responsibility for helping to grow the client franchise
- Active management of current and new client relationships
- Actively finding solutions for our clients and our Repo Trading Desk
- Working with Repo Trading to build and maintain relationships with Asset Managers, Hedge Funds and Institutional Investors
- Working with Repo Trading to provide them with efficient financing and short covering of inventory positions (longs + shorts)
- Maintaining a tight grip on client credit lines
- In-depth knowledge of current and upcoming regulatory changes affecting the repo and wider market
- Assisting in the day-to-day management of the desk's business processes
- Key objectives critical to success:
- Previous experience in Credit & EM repo
- Ability to generate sales revenues in line with the budget set for the business
- Ability to structure trades in line with current regulatory and internal liquidity parameters and the needs of the trading desk
- Anticipate upcoming regulatory changes and how it will affect the client franchise
- Ability to independently generate ideas for the customers and the trading desk
- Capable of creating close relationships with Trading and other sales desks. Skills, experience, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Independent thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Keen attention to detail, especially with regard to legal documentation, pricing, risk management
- Strong understanding of regulatory environment
- Highly energetic with an entrepreneurial mindset and the ability to understand client needs
- Proven ability to learn and understand new concepts
- Willingness to go the extra-mile when required
- Excellent prioritization and decision making skills
Right to Work The UK Government have taken steps to reduce net migration to the UK by limiting the number of overseas workers from outside the EEA coming to the UK for employment. Please note that whilst we are able to consider applications from overseas workers from outside the EEA (who require a Tier 2 (General) visa) we can only employ them if we can provide evidence that there are no other suitable candidates for this vacancy from inside the EEA.
Please contact us if you are visiting our offices and require any form of personal assistance or physical adaptations to be provided for your appointment. A member of staff will be happy to help.
When you apply for a role with us, Nomura takes its obligations in respect of the privacy of your personal information seriously. For further information please see our candidates' privacy notice link