UI / UX Dev (Application Development)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Department & Team Profile
Operations Technology (OT) comprises of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Settlements, Confirmations, Regulatory Reporting, Position Keeping, Anti-Money Laundering and Trade Surveillance.
The Process Automation and Roboticcs department within OT, provides solutions in support of Operations processing of clients, developing and supporting a consistent set of platforms for Operations to control its client processing activities such as: trade inquiry; external trade matching; exception and workflow management, and business process monitoring. The Cross-Product Platforms Practice Area within the Process Automation and Roboticcs department is responsible for supporting a consistent set of platforms and frameworks to provide cross-product capabilities across processes and divisions and are used by over 6,000 users in the Firm.
• Experience developing and deploying Java web applications, Tomcat and Apache
• Experience in MVC frameworks
• Understanding of the SDLC, SCM, Agile and scrum methodologies
• Unix shell scripting
• SQL and Relational Databases such as DB2 and/or Sybase
• Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers/Spring
• Build & agile - Ant, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins/Hudson, GIT/perforce
• Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming
• Experience working with team members across multiple locations
• Knowledge of the Trade lifecycle
• Knowledge of web development progression, latest trends in the industry
• Experience with big data/NoSQL technology such as Elastic, Solr
• Exploration of analytics & machine learning technologies
• Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture Patterns, GoF designs
• Experience with full lifecycle application testing (functional, regression, performance, integration, etc.) and delivery management
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more. *LI-AO1