Transaction Capt Intmd Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 19
Transaction Capt Intmd Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: None
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19008459
The Commodities businesses transact high volumes across many different markets including Oil, Precious Metals, Base Metals, Softs, Power, Freight, Gas & Emissions. Middle Office support provided to these desks include daily reconciliation of OTC and exchange trades and will involve liaising with a wide range of stakeholders such as Desk Heads, Salespeople, Traders, FinCon / Product Control, Risk, Compliance, Legal and Technology.
Role / Position Overview
The position is part of the Commodities Middle Office team and will interact significantly with our internal partners and external client base. Middle Office need to ensure that there is a continual focus on control throughout the trade lifecycle; monitoring deals and amendments to ensure trades are booked correctly and risk is minimised.
- Acting as a control function and to reduce risk through reconciling both OTC and exchange trades and positions.
- Performing key controls in relation to regulations such as Dodd-Frank and MiFID.
- Assisting in the trade lifecycle from booking to settlement and acting as a key point of contact for many groups across Citi.
- Carrying out analysis for change projects and performing UAT testing.
- Problem solving, driving change for the department, improving processes and creating efficiencies where possible.
- The role will primarily focus on coverage of the flow product group, however there may be a dual aspect with coverage of both the flow and investor products groups.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Exchange Traded & OTC Commodity products; preferably in a Middle Office capacity. Specific knowledge of the Flow
- Products and to some degree various commodity products would be advantageous, such as an ability to de-structure into components for booking / validation purposes.
- Other relevant industry experience would also be considered, along with knowledge of Investment Banking structure, trade lifecycle and trading instruments.
Candidates should be:
- Able to work effectively and efficiently within a fast paced high pressured environment.
- Strong organisational skills - ability to constantly reprioritise workload.
- Good PC skills including Excel (pivot tables, Vlookups etc)
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to collaborate as part of a team and also able to work independently.
Degree level education, preferably with a financial or mathematical background.
- Ability to quickly gain a full understanding of commodities products and systems, such as Openlink / Bloomberg / Reuters.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with high attention to detail and a 'hands on' approach.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer