- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Mar 19
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,England,London
- Education: Master's Degree
- Job Function: Trading
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19010935
Investment Strategies Structurer (CIS) and Equity Structurer
The CIS business line is responsible for the Citi proprietary Indices business across all asset classes. The group originates, develops and executes structured transactions on proprietary indices, sold to distributors or institutional investors.
The Equity Structuring desk is responsible, among others, for the development and pricing of third party thematic indices.
The role is based in London.
The role is global working with other members of the CIS and Equity Structuring team. The candidate will be working on the development of retail solutions implemented via both Citi proprietary indices and via indices co-developed with third party providers.
On a daily basis, the role covers the following tasks:
- Designing new investment strategies in the form of retail indices for EMEA, Americas and APAC Clients, with main focus on Retail clients
- Working closely with traders from all asset classes and other structurers (inside and outside MAG) to implement derivatives transactions based on indices.
- Develop strategies and external partnerships with key focus on the scale aspects of the business
- Strong business development skills to implement strategies internally and externally
- Working with other structurers and sales to ensure consistency of the offering and to support effectively our retail products plans
- Flexible to move to APAC or US
The role will be the opportunity for the candidate to be at the centre of innovation for proprietary and third party retail indices. The candidate will be in contact as well with all the asset classes and the different structuring teams of the bank.
MBA or MA in economics, finance or financial mathematics
Extensive years working experience in retail indices development from a leading investment bank in their index business
Retail Index business development. Experience in developing external partnerships with Asset Managers, Academia, etc … for the co-development of retail solutions.
IT: some between Python, R, Matlab, VBA, SQL
- expertise in statistics and econometrics
- expertise in mathematics
- Market experience in equity cash and derivatives
- Deep equity derivatives experience (modelling and pricing)
- Strong business development skills
- Strong quantitative skills
- Strong presentation skills: ability to communicate effectively in front of large retail distributors
- Interpersonal skills: ability to perform under pressure
- Fluent in at least another language in addition to English
- Available to relocate
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorised as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation
- Financial soundness
- Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer