- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 22 Feb 19
1 May 2019
£57,483 - £63,870
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
LBG is committed to help Britain prosper and become the best bank for customers. As part of this we're transforming our digital capability, providing customers with simpler, seamless interactions across online, mobile and branches. LBG digital channels have over 12 million active online customers with over 1 billion logons per year.
Commercial Servicing Lab is continually improving and extending our digital offering for our customers and we are also changing the way we deliver change to our customers.
Now we want to do more, we now have career opportunities for driven individuals to take on a Software Engineer role delivering or helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions. The ultimate measure of success for LBG is Quality software in production with the team being continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and being part of an autonomous team driving quality solutions.
This is very much a hands-on role, which will best suit a Software Engineer with strong knowledge of Software and platform-level development and a passion for agile software practices.
Your focus will be to identify and delivery improvements across design, implementation and deployment of new & existing technologies and articulate to the business the reasons for and benefits of the proposed changes.
- Strong professional experience with Node.js and frameworks (Loopback is a plus).
- Ability to work with front-end engineers to develop server side logic and with a broad understanding of RESTful APIs and web services together with expertise in integrating with multiple & varied technologies.
- Knowledge of agile development practices, continuous integration and test automation (TDD, BDD, Selenium).
- Working knowledge of DevOps toolsets (Jenkins, UrbanCode).
- Familiarity with front-end engineering skills including (ReactJs is a plus).
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from inception, through build to production.
- Ability to effectively work with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams across the project lifecycle.
- Pragmatism and a "can-do" attitude.
- Excellent team working and communication skills.
- Engineering reusable, well-tested software components and enterprise APIs that remain easy to maintain as the code base and business continues to scale.
- Ensure that software is built in a way which is consistent with - and exploits where possible - the collective frameworks, patterns and practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
- Understand and apply industry best practices, foster knowledge sharing to provide solutions for complex business problems where no precedent may exist, and ensure implementation of solutions where appropriate.
- Mentor and develop more junior Node engineers, providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- Relentless focus on delivering business value through sound engineering methods and principles
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.