- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- M&G Prudential
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 25 Apr 19
Working with M&G Prudential as a Software Developer means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
The Client Reporting Programme is part of M&G Prudential's drive to scale the business by a factor of three and involves centralising and standardising our business channels' reporting capabilities within one operational team. To meet this we are building out a fully automated data and user experience platform, with IT as a strategic partner in making the proposition a reality, driving quality, efficiency, consistency and performance. The Developers will play a key role within the team, working alongside the Scrum Master, Business Product Owner, Business Analysts, and QA to ensure the deliverables align with our vision and goals.
Who are you:
You're personable, articulate and able to rapidly form effective working relationships with colleagues. You'll have a proactive and delivery-focused approach, and will be attentive to detail. We're also seeking someone with the strong determination to challenge the status quo and see initiatives through to completion, and who has a genuine interest in the opportunities and challenges affecting distribution & technology capabilities within the asset management industry.
• Development using a variety of technologies:
Microsoft Azure Data Lake USQL
• Pair-programming, where appropriate and of benefit to the delivery;
• Application of automated testing, BDD and TDD as required;
• Utilisation of a number of Microsoft Azure PaaS components, including Data Lake, Logic and Web Apps.
• Work closely with the Analyst and Business Product Owner to identify streamlined processes capable of delivering value to the business quickly;
• Work to a continuous integration process within an Agile team to deliver benefit to the client.
You will have:
• A passion for software development
• Experience in a development role
• Strong development skills in some of the above-named technologies
• Great OOAD skills
• An appreciation of the value of automated testing, BDD and TDD
• Innovation and creativity
• Willingness to assume responsibility
• Willingness to question and challenge colleagues and business partners
• Ability to facilitate and fully participate in Agile events
• Continuous development of your skills and knowledge
• Knowledge of, or experience in, Financial Services (beneficial)
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley