Senior Internal Auditor
- £60k + competitive package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Miryco Consultants Ltd
- 07 Jan 19
Senior Internal Auditor - Maidstone area This role will work closely with the Head of Internal Audit to further develop and deliver on the Internal Audit plan across the company’s European operations. This is an opportunity to join a growing audit function in a fast-paced organisation with a track record of successful growth.
- Create, direct and/or perform the preparation and execution of audits across the business.
- Report audit findings to senior management, establishing their buy-in and commitment to remedial actions to ensure issues raised are addressed timely.
- Work with senior management to ensure the resolutions to the audit issues are sufficiently practical, achievable and cost-effective.
- Follow up on the timely resolution of audit recommendations.
- Partners with all levels of management to ensure that audits are conducted in a cooperative, timely and efficient manner.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships throughout the business.
- Provide ad-hoc control advice as appropriate across the business.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in raising the awareness of the Internal Audit function throughout the business.
- Other assignments or special projects, as determined in conjunction with the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Deliver on audits to agreed budgets and timelines, taking responsibility for their completion and delivery to the Audit & Risk Committee.
- Remain abreast of current industry, company and audit issues and best practices.
- Coordinate with 3rd party auditors in their testing of controls, issue management and remediation.
- Play an integral role in the development of the Internal Audit function – both in terms of in-function procedures and in terms of driving the evolving focus of the department.
Up to £60k basic salary with good bonus and benefits
Formal Education & Certification
- CIA / ACA / ACCA qualified.
Knowledge & Experience
- Comprehensive (post qualified) audit experience within the financial services industry.
- Strong communications, project management, accounting, analytical and influencing skills.
· Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Self-motivated individual able to work effectively both on individual projects and as part of a team.
· Able to interact and influence across all levels of the organisation.
· Flexible to adapt to the changing environment, undertaking approx. 20% travel to offices across the Europe.
· Spanish / French language skills would be a distinct advantage.
Please note that candidates will need to satisfy UK working requirements as our candidate
cannot supply visa sponsorship.