Senior Executive, Restructuring (LASER), London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
Senior Executive, Restructuring (LASER), London
Our leading LASER Restructuring practice is looking to recruit in London and in Edinburgh. LASER is a team of almost 60 individuals who undertake solvent liquidation work, deliver fund restructurings and provide advisory and scheme-based roles in financial services. The majority of our team is based in London but it is also present in Edinburgh, Leeds, Birmingham and the Channel Islands.
Our work is principally focused on formal processes and restructurings, mainly in solvent scenarios, of funds, corporate vehicles, businesses and private wealth structures as well as undertaking legal entity rationalisation (LER) work with large groups. Many of our engagements have a cross-border angle and most involve other service lines in EY - frequently tax teams. We also undertake a significant amount of work advising banks and insurance companies around risk mitigation strategies and business transfer.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a LASER Senior Executive, you'll be instrumental in developing the business and helping us continue to bring excellent services to our clients.
You'll manage the restructuring engagements by defining the engagement scope, in consultation with the Senior Manager / Partner, and executing it in compliance with our policies and protocols.
When required, you'll personally execute designated restructuring procedures but also lead teams or parts of teams on engagements, depending on the size of the engagement.
You'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and make sure that delivered client work is of high quality. As part of this, you'll anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues, as appropriate.
As an influential member of the team, you'll help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of corporate failure or underperformance
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Assist in managing the financial aspects of engagements by organising staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders
- Demonstrate professionalism and confidence to deal with a range of stakeholder groups and management teams
- Understand the capabilities of the firm, looking for opportunities to bring other specialists in to the restructuring assignment to achieve the best solution
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Restructuring professional
- Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills
- Professional accountancy qualification
- Previous experience of working within an Insolvency and Restructuring environment
- The ability to build strong internal relationships within Restructuring and across other services, and can actively participate in business development
- Appreciation of the risks inherent in advising distressed businesses and their stakeholders
- JIEB qualification an advantage but not essential
- People development experience and can effectively supervise, coach and mentor staff
- Own network of contacts with work providers, or will understand how to build one
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth within Restructuring.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonst rate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.