Senior Data Licensing Software Engineer - Market Data Engineering - Data Intelligence
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 20 Feb 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Market Data delivers analytics and reference data, both real-time and historical reflecting all major markets and financial instruments to our internal and external clients.
Digital transformation is changing how organisations produce and consume data. Businesses are accelerating their digital capabilities for scale and automation at an astonishing rate. The market data industry governs usage rights through legal contracts in PDF/scanned format which can be challenging for consumers to assess prohibitions or obligations in a frictionless way. At Goldman Sachs, we are at the forefront of driving industry change in this domain and are building a Digital Rights Management (DRM) platform to revolutionize Data Licensing. The Data Licensing team is looking for an experienced software engineer to help build our new DRM platform. This is a unique opportunity to work on a greenfield project through collaboration with Securities strategists, industry peers and providers. Goldman Sachs has a culture where everyone gets a lot of responsibility from day one. You are encouraged to drive ideas from conception to full build, lead initiatives that shape the future of our technology and face-off directly to both internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- An opportunity to work on the core of a strategically important platform at GS, to be used by both revenue generating and federation divisions
- An opportunity to influence change in the industry
- Interact with users in strategies and business-aligned technology teams spread around the globe and across various timezones
- Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment
- Build large scale, distributed and highly resilient software platforms
- Work in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication
- 6+ years of hands-on software development experience
- Strong development background in object oriented programming and best practices using a mainstream language such as Java
- Experience of test-driven development, hands on experience with testing frameworks such as Junit
- Thorough knowledge and experience in all phases of SDLC
- Experience with debugging, troubleshooting, code optimization and issue resolution
- Experience working with business or clients to transform requirements into software solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving mind-set
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a global team
- Experience working on full stack software development
- Back-end development experience using Java
- Experience developing scalable RESTful services
- Experience in working with SQL/NoSQL data stores
- Knowledge of workflow solutions using BPMN
- Highly proficient in a Unix/Linux environment.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.