Senior Business Analyst, Surveillance IT
- Negotiable GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Contract, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 22 Sep 18 2018-09-22
The Surveillance IT team is a department within HSBC's Global Banking & Markets IT function. The team is responsible for the software and hardware underpinning the firms' primary Trade, eComms, Voice and Unauthorised Trading applications. Our clients are internal users from the Regulatory Compliance function, who are responsible for the definition of surveillance techniques and models, the monitoring of alerts, and the management of any subsequent investigations and reports into suspicious activity.
The Senior Business Analyst role will sit within the Global Market Surveillance programme and its primary responsibility is analysis of business needs and other issues relating to the IT surveillance platform.
The purpose of this role is to complete analysis and documentation tasks in order to support the objectives of the business in the implementation of an expanded surveillance capability for Global Banking & Markets.
The tasks will include data mapping analysis, requirements elicitation and functional specifications and participating in the testing process. Strong business analysis skills is a must.
- Extensive data analysis, data mapping, functional and technical business analysis experience - working at a Tier 1 investment bank
- Proven, significant and demonstrable experience of analysing and documenting business requirements for global applications
- Practical experience in functional analysis and design, utilising different methodologies i.e. Use Cases, Business Process Modelling within a Waterfall or Agile Project environment
- Proven, significant and demonstrable experience of following a structured approach to analysis, including the preparation of all related artefacts (e.g. functional system specifications, data feed specifications, etc.)
- Strong technical written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the project lifecycle and application development process including best practice methodologies
- Excellent Global Markets / Investment Banking knowledge across a number of products including Equities, Fixed Income, FX and related Derivatives
- Excellent Front to Back (full) Trade Lifecycle knowledge
- Familiarity with ETL frameworks