Quantitative Python Developer
- Salary:est. £600-750 per day
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Contract, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:19 Feb 19
We are partnering with a leading global Asset Manager who have commissioned us to find a passionate Python technologist to work within their newly formed, agile Quantitative Research Technology Team.
This team are focused on building ‘best of breed’ Analytical Tools to address issues such as Portfolio Construction, Optimisation, and Performance Attribution (using modern programming languages).
The role involves working alongside investors to fully understand requirements, and day-to-day operation to inform Python Development within the Multi-Asset Quant Teams – as well as developing skills of those around them.
You will design and build a first class data and analytics platform to support investment decision making and quantitative research. You will help refine the existing platform in response to business needs, and work with the AB Quant Team to transition (and automate) the current systematic models over to the new platform.
You will need to have:
- Good working knowledge of Python programming in a complex environment
- Proficiency in Bash scripting (under Linux platform)
- Experience using Docker or similar
- Ability to understand complex data structures and algorithms
- Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database platforms
- Experience using ‘Agile’ approaches (such as Git, CI, CD, etc.)
For further information, please submit your CV or call Lloyd Dyer at Alexander Ash Consulting on (0)207 704 5839.