Quantitative Economist/ strategist (Phd) – Leading Macro Hedge fund - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Octavius Finance
- 15 Mar 19
A leading Global Macro Hedge fund is currently looking to add a Global Macro Strategist to their team. You will be a key part of the Macro Strategy team, responsible for developing quantitative macroeconomic and strategy models, aiming to inform and further strengthen their investment processes. This includes (but is not limited to) the development of valuation frameworks and a wide range of proprietary macroeconomic models designed to track and forecast economic indicators.
The fund is extremely successful and combines rigorous macroeconomic analysis in conjunction with in-depth local research in order to generate strong returns for investors.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in using empirical skills developed over the course of a PhD in an applied setting.
Responsibilities will include:
Working in a team with PhD Economists with extensive financial markets experience.
Developing multi-asset trade recommendations for the portfolio managers.
Developing macroeconomic views and investment conclusions that can add value to multi-asset portfolios (including fixed interest, foreign exchange and equities).
In order to apply you must have:
- Completed a PhD programme from a top University in macroeconomics or finance, with a focus on empirical research
- In depth experience programming in at least one of Python, MATLAB or R
- Knowledge and experience of econometrics (particularly time series econometrics), statistics, Bayesian methods, filtering, forecasting or machine learning
- 2-4 years experience working in financial markets, central banking or related areas
This is a high profile position working within one of the most successful Macro funds of Recent years. You should have a strong interest in financial markets, and will be excited about the prospect of applying modern empirical techniques to understanding them.
Global applications welcome
In order to apply please send your CV in WORD FORMAT to email@example.com or call 02080044029