Quality Engineer, Mortgages
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 17 Apr 19
Quality Engineer, Mortgages
15 May 2019
Please note, this vacancy will close at 00:01am on the specified closing date rather than 11:59pm. Please ensure all applications are received before 00.01am on the specified closing date.
£49,266 - £54,740
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Lloyds Banking Group are lending up to £10bn to help people move into their first home in 2018.
Our Mortgage Transformation Programme (MTP) vision is to create an easy and convenient lending journey we can be proud of. By holding customers at the heart of our thinking to win their loyalty & trust.
We have already introduced processes to make banking faster and easier, including selfi verification for account applications and video meetings and live web chat support for mortgage and remortgage applicants.
Now we want to do more, we now have career opportunities for driven individuals to take on a Quality Engineer role delivering or helping to deliver exciting customer driven solutions. The ultimate measure of success for LBG is Quality software in production with the team being continually challenged, motivated, mentored and supported and being part of an autonomous team driving quality solutions.
You'll help define â€œDoneâ€ from a Quality perspective and deliver Test solutions in line with the Test Strategy and our QA Engineering principles. You'll always have a view of reducing risk through the Test lifecycle and will help drive the overarching Quality Engineering strategy. Your thought process will be automation first making use of a modern toolchain and automation framework.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. And we are looking for people who can seize those opportunities; you'll get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
- Developing automation Test scripts and frameworks
- Defining a Test process and designing and delivering an automation Test framework around continuous integration using Behaviour Driven Development methods.
- A focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team and its stakeholders on the quality definition of the product.
- Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Test community
- Work with Software Engineers, Performance Engineers, Business Analysts, Product Owners, Architects and Designers.
- Open to new â€œthought processâ€ and Change mindset, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of delivering â€œQualityâ€.
- Being a strong part of the QA community helping to build the community and building the capabilities of others.
- Ensuring your area of responsibility is aligned with overall test strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve.
What we're looking for
- Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background with a deep knowledge of Test Lifecycle, Test Models, Best Practices, Test Benchmarking and Test Tools.
- Experience of leading and embedding Quality Transformation initiatives across multiple areas.
-Experience of working in a dynamic agile delivery environment Testing web applications.
- Experienced in defining Quality Engineering and Assurance deliverables producing quality Test artefacts.
- Technical specialist expertise with experience in BDD
- An automation first Test approach with a passion for driving productivity and a focus on reducing risk.
- Passion to lead and work collaboratively across the teams in order to align to the Digital Test Strategy and meet the overall goals of the Bank and Stakeholders.
- Experience and knowledge across the entire Test Lifecycle including Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Test Data and Environments
- Excitement about enabling others to achieve greater results than one can achieve alone and being part of a wider delivery team responsible for end to end solutions.
Our vision of being the best bank for customers is dependent on every colleague committing to and demonstrating our core value of "putting customers first". By individually and collectively committing to our Group values and codes, we will be able to make a difference together and help Britain prosper.
At LBG, weâ€™re invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. Our inclusive culture offers you flexibility to try new things while helping you build the future you want.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.