- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- M&G Prudential
- Full time
- London, England, United Kingdom
- 21 Apr 19
Working with M&G Prudential as a Regulatory Project Manager means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation and an exciting vision: to be the most loved and most successful saving & investments business.
The forthcoming planned de-merger of M&G Prudential from the Prudential Group PLC provides a terrific opportunity to create a truly international and integrated savings and investments firm. A firm built on a rich and long history and with a commitment to an innovative future centred on the needs of customers and clients. There is a genuine opportunity to drive competitive advantage with value creation through the formation of this new organisation.
If you're inspired to join us, and have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
M&G are recruiting a Project Manager within the Group Change function. The role is to join the existing team of Project Managers to support the delivery of projects within the Regulatory portfolio. M&G has a number of initiatives running currently within the Portfolio with several others expected to kick off imminently and during 2019. The successful candidate will be a permanent member of the team and will therefore pick up a variety of regulatory focused initiatives as they arise over time, delivering to specific requirements and fixed regulatory deadlines.
The successful candidate must have experience of delivering regulatory projects within Asset Management, will display strong Project Management skills and be easily able to transcend deliveries focused on Technology, Operations and Front Office. Being familiar with operating in a P&L function or target driven environment would be advantageous.
The individual should be a self-starter, with strong lateral thought, excellent analytical skills, curiosity and meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate and high-quality output.
• Accountable for end to end delivery of assigned projects in line with agreed expectations.
• Work proactively with key business stakeholders to define project objectives and scope.
• Create and maintain high quality project plan and milestones.
• Produce Project MI in line with Project Governance.
• Ensure a high standard of output, focused on customer satisfaction.
• Establish and consider the wider portfolio and change agenda as context for their deliveries, including dependencies.
• Interface with technology and other business functions to achieve timely delivery.
• Ability to anticipate, prioritise and resolve issues
You will have:
This role is ideally suited to someone who can demonstrate the following:
• Comprehensive understanding of Asset Management including, fund structures, instruments, market participants, trade lifecycle, risk management, distribution channels and regulatory reporting obligations
• A self-starter with a track record of delivering multiple high profile regulatory projects concurrently
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables.
• Demonstrable ability to lead and where appropriate constructively challenge stakeholders to ensure benefits/outcomes identified are met.
• Experience of working with stakeholders at different levels including C-Suite.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent attention to detail and determination to see initiatives through to completion.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a project team.
• Proactive and delivery focussed with excellent communication skills - both written and verbal.
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team and across the business.
• Capable of facilitating medium to large sized workshops and meetings with stakeholders.
• Ability to balance management of projects alongside supporting wider portfolio initiatives as directed by the PM Team Lead
• Highly flexible and result-oriented attitude
Qualifications and knowledge requirements:
• PRINCE 2 Practitioner or equivalent
• CFA (desirable)
• Change Management qualification (desirable)
• Proven Project Management skills and experience.
• Comprehensive understanding of Asset Management and the financial sector - instruments, market players, etc.
• Experience of managing a range regulatory projects, e.g. EMIR, FATCA, MiFID II, CASS, Market Abuse
People who work at M&G Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing, commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. As an M&G Prudential colleague you'll get all the support you'd expect, including full training and professional development. You'll receive a competitive salary and reward package. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.
Recruiter: Beth Eckersley