Product Specialist -Functional Focus (Charles River); Officer
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Product Specialist -Functional Focus (Charles River); OfficerCompany Profile: Charles River provides an end-to-end solution to automate front and middle office investment management functions across asset classes on a single platform. Delivered as a hosted service, the solution improves data quality and investment professional productivity, controls risk and lowers technology costs. Charles River serves more than 350 investment firms in over 40 countries in the institutional asset and fund management, private wealth, alternative investments, insurance, banking and pension markets. Charles River were acquired by State Street in October 2018.
Background: Charles River are expanding their London based Application Support team and are looking to hire a Product Specialist to predominantly deal with the functional/business related Client issues. The ideal candidate will generally have experience in;
- providing business/functional support for investment management or trading systems.
- handling and troubleshooting complex and challenging application problems.
- Work as part of a team providing application support for the Charles River system via telephone, E-mail and WebEx (or similar).
- Identify client requirements, devise solutions, define product enhancement requests and propose workarounds where applicable.
- Constant self-learning and development in order to enhance one's knowledge of the Charles River system. Keep up to date with new features and attend all relevant internal training sessions.
- Make astute use of all available resources to ensure timely progression of cases.
- Provide best practice guidance, solution design and instructions to clients and colleagues.
- Proactively manage cases to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Actively manage Client expectations.
- Escalate significant issues where appropriate.
- Liaise with Product Engineering team to detail software enhancement requests and document potential defects.
- Accurately record and document all cases and resolution details.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Required: BUSINESS/PERSONAL Essential:
- University degree preferably in a technology or Business/Finance discipline.
- Exposure to and knowledge of the investment industry from the buy-side perspective, in particular financial instruments and workflows.
- Drive to progress and develop knowledge and skills.
- Experience in dealing with users or Clients from both a business and technical perspective.
- Ability to perform under pressure and prioritise tasks appropriately.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Self-motivated and ability to demonstrate initiative.
- A desire to own issues to resolution.
- Enjoys complex problem solving and investigation.
- Experience with Order Management Systems (OMS).
- Previous application support experience ideally within the buy-side/front-office.
- Financial Certification (CFA, IMC, Claritas Investment Certificate, CISI Investment Operations Certificate etc).
- General understanding of financial services technologies including integration, development and data management.
- Understanding of/exposure to supporting a SaaS delivery model.
- Fluency in a second European language (extremely advantageous).
- Experience with relational databases preferably MS SQL Server or Oracle.
- Basic proficiency in SQL.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in SQL.
- Experience in tackling complex technical application problems.
- Previous exposure to any scripting or coding language eg Java, C#, Python, Perl, C++, VBA.