Product Development Manager
- £70,000 - £90,000 + good bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Meredith Brown Associates
- 15 Jan 19
A prestigious asset management company is looking to hire a proven Product Developer to support the continued growth of their innovative product range (consisting of funds and segregated mandates). In addition to core product strategy and development activities, this role will also contribute to the firm’s corporate strategy initiatives.
Role & Responsibilities
The Product group is highly regarded within the company and is at the heart of the business decision making. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on initiatives across all asset classes, including both public and private markets strategies, from the strategic scoping of new investment ideas, through to the structuring and launch of funds, and the on-going commercial management of the product ranges. The knowledge and expertise to advise on issues such as selecting fund domiciles and structures, fund arrangements, competitor intelligence and asset class information is expected, and so a deep understanding of relevant regulation (MiFID II, AIFMD and UCITS) and its impact on the business and fund ranges is required. The ability to maintain strong relationships with key business areas, in particular Investments, Business Development, Operations, Compliance & Risk and Legal, as well as outsourced services, will also be critical. Alongside leading on complex projects, you will also be expected to support members of the team in their delivery of new product / product change initiatives and coach and mentor them in soft and technical skills as appropriate.
Skills & Experience
- A demonstrable record in Product Development and / or Product Strategy in an asset management environment, with a track record of delivery, in order to demonstrate the skills and knowledge necessary.
- Experience and knowledge of both Public markets’ funds and Private markets fund structures / AIFMD-compliant funds experience, in particular Real Estate and Private Debt, would be advantageous (but not essential).
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong intellectual skills evidenced by good results in top-ranked University degree level education (or equivalent).
The successful candidate will be likely to have:
- An entrepreneurial outlook, with the ability to show initiative and a desire to drive tasks through to completion in timely manner.
- An ability to express complex concepts in clear language - exceptional communication skills (emails, board papers, presentations, meetings).
- An ability to multi-task and lead complex change projects; at times this will involve driving more than one proposal alongside overseeing projects managed by other team members.
- Strong strategic analysis and proposition development skills.
- Good investment knowledge across a broad range of investment strategies and the regulatory landscape across the UK, US, Ireland and Luxembourg.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Institutional and Wholesale investor landscape in UK and Europe. Global investor knowledge is also desirable.
This is a great opportunity for a Product professional to take their careers to the next level by joining a high-performing Product group at a growing firm, and be part of a collegiate, sociable and high calibre team.
Please note that only successful applicants can be contacted.