Product Cost Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PA Consulting
- 17 Apr 19
Product Cost Engineer
Bringing Ingenuity to Life
We're an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
With a global network of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients, we'll offer you unrivalled opportunities for growth and the freedom to excel. Combining strategies, technologies and innovation, we turn complexity to opportunity and deliver enduring results, enabling you to build a lasting career.
Isn't it time you joined us?
Our UK team with a focus in Product Cost Management is searching for individuals seeking to excel and lead within PA Consulting Group and PA's groundbreaking new venture PA Perfect Cost Grid®.
PA Perfect Cost Grid is the first web-based cloud benchmarking and cost-engineering platform for the automotive and manufacturing sector. This stands to be one of the biggest developments within value engineering this decade and is a truly game changing comparative costing and benchmarking tool.
PA are looking for Engineering Consultants with exceptional product optimisation and manufacturing knowledge to work within its PA Perfect Cost Grid venture and their joint pan European engagements.
As a consultant employed by PA, you will be involved in the development and use of our toolset - focusing on product cost optimisation and support the team in the areas of product cost estimating, product performance improvement, as well as market and competitor analysis.
The role will involve working in an international environment in automotive and other engineering sectors. We offer excellent development opportunities that allow for individuals to grow and work with like-minded professionals.
Principle duties will include:
• Active participation in driving the successful expansion of Perfect Cost Grid across different industries and markets (Europe, Asia & North America)
• Close co-ordination with colleagues in PA Consulting Group in successful collaborative cost excellence projects
• Active participation of delivery of cost optimisation projects
• Support teardowns, benchmarking activities and bottom-up costing that will form the crux of PCG's comparative cost platform
• Play a key part in the development of PA Perfect Cost Grid toolset /product
• Delivery of calculations and subsequent quality assurance responsibilities of these calculations and data
• Idea generation through successful co-ordination and running of VAVE Workshops.
• Approval and implementation of innovative cost management ideas
Ideally you will have the following qualifications and skills in the subsequent areas:
• The ideal candidate will have a degree in engineering or a related technical discipline
• Work experience in the automotive industry or a manufacturing company, preferably in a mechanical/electronic or process capacity
• Currently focusing on individuals with electronics systems costing experience but relevant experience within one of the following areas; powertrain, chassis, body/exterior and interior would also be advantageous
• Strong and demonstrable product/process engineering knowledge
• Experience in Cost Estimating and use of appropriate tools
• Competence in project management / process analysis / Lean Management / manufacturing technology
• Should have good structured/analytical thinking, planning and implementation skills
• Excellent communication, presentation skills and negotiation skills
• Previous experience in an international environment
• Must be able to travel/work away from home
A second language (ideally German) would be preferential.
About PA Consulting Group
What PA Consulting Group and PA Perfect Cost Grid are offering is the opportunity to work on "the next generation Cost Engineering system", a technology format that will change the way discrete manufacturing understands and manages cost.
It provides clients purchasing, cost engineering and development teams' timely online access to the comparative data and costing tools they need to develop competitively priced products, achieve significant savings in product costs and minimise investment.
• Development - Providing cost benchmarks on models, systems and components as well as access to a proven idea database - enabling immediate comparison with competitors
• Cost Engineering - Providing access to a proven idea database, cost benchmarks on systems and components, calculation tools and databases plus our expert calculation service - exploiting hundreds of new ideas
• Purchasing - Providing cost benchmarks on models, systems and components to simulate the impact of changes in the value chain - achieving up to 20% saving potentials on piece price
Clients will be offered a completely original approach to cost management that combines the latest benchmarking data, product improvement methodologies with costing techniques, ideas and innovations in one comprehensive solution.
For successful candidates this is a chance to participate in the future of cost engineering with a product and philosophy that has a truly global scope and application.
Benefits package at PA:
- Private medical insurance
- Transport allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn, childcare benefits)
- Voluntary benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment - one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We're committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA's goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.