Portolio Risk Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Feb 19
A global asset manager with over £500 billion AuM are looking for an experienced risk manager with a proven background in counterparty risk management and portfolio risk management to join their growing European Risk team. Reporting directly into the Head of Portfolio Risk for Europe and the sole portfolio risk manager in London the role will actively involve facing off against portfolio risk managers and building relationships with various stakeholders across Europe.
- Act as local representative for the Risk Management function towards other functions (Portfolio Management, Product Specialists etc).
- Ensure compliance with European regulatory and local requirements on portfolio risk.
- Maintain and develop internal portfolio risk related processes (market, liquidity and pricing risks as well as counterparty and collateral related risks).
- Represent Risk Management in new product initiatives and support the implementation of new funds, strategies and asset classes.
Actively support and contribute to the overall development of the European Risk Management function with regards to portfolio risk or specific project related activities.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or a related area.
- Experience in Asset Management/Investment Banking/Consulting in an equivalent area
- Ability to work autonomously and across divisions
- Very good knowledge of financial markets and products / specific knowledge of fixed income asset class a plus
- Practical experience in financial engineering (pricing of financial instruments) is a benefit
- Strong analytical skills and quantitative background
- Good IT skills (MS Office, SQL, VBA)
- Familiarity with European and local asset management regulations a strong plus
- Rigor, Team spirit, Communication, Autonomy, High commitment, Flexibility